Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A rumor about the Razor booth at The National

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Brian called me friday as I was leaving saying that he had something special coming up at the national.

He wouldn't tell me what it was but he said taht they wouldn't be setting up until 15 mins before the show.

Anyone have any guesses? I threw a few at him, and every one was a no.

G

A partnership with Gilette featuring a shaving challenge with former WWE Champion John Cena.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
1) Brian G is actually Wossa
2) Matt W and/or Tim Beckham, Cal Ripken, Strasburg will be there signing
3) Razor will introduce a "new" 2009 gold plated card. They take a Sig Series card and turn it "metal," they then dip that Metal card into Gold. Finding another way to stick it to those who bought Sig Series and now those who bought Metal
4) Jeff N and BG start a company together and will release all their cards exclusively thru Global
5) Ray Lewis Jr (or is Ray Lewis III?) will be be at the table so people can watch him play with his playstation and color some pictures
6) Adam from Razor will be there shredding old Benchwarmer cards
7) BG will release some news that will create a stir and 90% of this board will care about it while 3% of the floor at the National will
8) BG announces Razor signs Astros prospect Mike Foltynewicz
9) M Ali and his Dancing With the Stars daughter show up
10) purple lion

Whatever the news, I'm pretty sure it will be a successful one.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
That is why I love Razor, never know what BG is gonna do next.

Announce Oval Office 2 is live and ready for sale right at National.
Maybe something big with MMA stuff.
Could be a deal he worked with McFarlane on some type of signed National exclusive figure of one his boys.
Some huge blowout redemption with Inkworks stuff or Razor announces some big TV show/ Movie card lines they got in store.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
cgilmo said:

what will you send me if i'm right (grin).

I bet he's launching his repack product at the national and one of the boxes at the national that he will sell is guaranteed to have the Strasburg super in it!

for him, there probably would be nothing better than selling a box at his booth, watching someone rip it right there on site, and seeing the emotion of that person pulling the 2010 Bowman strasburg superfractor!

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
rsmath said:
cgilmo said:

what will you send me if i'm right (grin).

I bet he's launching his repack product at the national and one of the boxes at the national that he will sell is guaranteed to have the Strasburg super in it!

for him, there probably would be nothing better than selling a box at his booth, watching someone rip it right there on site, and seeing the emotion of that person pulling the 2010 Bowman strasburg superfractor!

But how will he know?
Companies never know which boxes have the hits

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
My guess, and I seriously don't know what he is planning.

He will have a big MMA guy there signing autographs. I would bet its something to do with MMA, because thats what he is gearing up for.

Perhaps a live apperance by Carwin or Lesnar, or someone

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
cgilmo said:
My guess, and I seriously don't know what he is planning.

He will have a big MMA guy there signing autographs. I would bet its something to do with MMA, because thats what he is gearing up for.

Perhaps a live apperance by Carwin or Lesnar, or someone

That would be big. Isn't Carwin tight with blowout? I was amazed how little he made for his fight with Lesnar. So I'm sure getting some nice cash for spending a few hours at Natty would be nice.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
But how will he know?
Companies never know which boxes have the hits

I give BG more credit than being an idiot.

He'll know. It's his company (or he's high up in it that he'll know). If he's going to make sure it's pulled at the national, he'll personally see at packout of his product that it's inserted into a box that will travel with him to the national somewhere among the various cases he'll take with him.

If it's to be just to be packed out anywhere in the run to be sold anywhere, he'll make sure of that, too. Imagine the embarrassment/lawsuit potential if he blindly turned the prized card of the product over to the printers/packout company and it never made it into the product due to theft or error by the contractor.

Members online

Latest posts