Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dodgers get Dotel for Lambo & McDonald

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Re: Dodgers get Dotel for Lamb/McDonald

Wow I actually think Rosenthal messed up and its actually Lambo.

That'd be a horrific trade for LA.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Re: Dodgers get Dotel for Lamb/McDonald

frzg said:
Wow I actually think Rosenthal messed up and its actually Lambo.

That'd be a horrific trade for LA.
Isn't it Mike Lamb? Seems the marlins Designated him for assignment just last week so could this be a 3 team trade :lol:
I kidding but lamb was DFA last week though.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
Why is this bad for the dodgers? Lambo has never done anything and is vastlÝ overrated and mcdonald will be lucky to ever make a rotation.

Skrip

Not necessarily bad for the Dodgers, but it's good for Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh signs Dotel this offseason to become their closer, he does pretty well with them, so Pittsburgh flips him for two more pieces that better fit the direction of their future team.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
ballerskrip said:
Why is this bad for the dodgers? Lambo has never done anything and is vastlÝ overrated and mcdonald will be lucky to ever make a rotation.

Skrip

I agree with on this. Lambo is showing that he's not willing to give up weed to be a great player. Could it happen later...certainly, but his priorities aren't in order right now.

Dotel will provide some more depth to the bullpen.

In the end, I think LA did fine here.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
tommyfro21 said:
ballerskrip said:

Skrip

I agree with on this. Lambo is showing that he's not willing to give up weed to be a great player. Could it happen later...certainly, but his priorities aren't in order right now.

Dotel will provide some more depth to the bullpen.

In the end, I think LA did fine here.
I like this trade. The Dodgers bullpen needs all the help it can get. Hopefully they can finally get rid of Sherill and send Weaver packing too.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I agree with u guys, good trade for both. Dotel will help LA and the pirates pick up some more talent, even though I think lambo is a long shot.

Skrip

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
Awful deal. Promising young starting pitcher and outfielder for an aging reliever....awful. And we're 7 games out with a slim chance of getting to the playoffs.

Great move for the future Ned.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
If the Dodgers were a game out or had a lead in the division, thats one thing.

They just traded 2 solid prospects for a rental reliever when they're not currently competing.

It was a terrible move IMO.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
If you asked me at the start of the year I would be much more down on this trade as a Dodger fan. But J-Mac couldn't throw nearly well enough to claim the 5th spot being served up on a silver platter to him in spring training and has been only so-so in AAA as a starter. Lambo was the Dodgers top outfield prospect at the start of the year but the 50 game suspension for weed and the rise of Jerry Sands makes him somewhat more expendable.

As for Dotel as an old reliever and short term at that I am not too thrilled regardless of the prospects sent since I hate getting players for just a couple months. That being said, Jeff Weaver has been circling the drain the last couple months and Dotel can certainly be an upgrade there. Same goes for Sherrill who has been terrible all year and since Dotel has closed he can step in when Kuo, Jenson or Broxton are not available.

In short I would be just fine with Dotel for either of the prospects alone. For both of them I'm trending negative but all in all I have to be realistic that prospects or guys like J-Mac who haven't shown enough in the majors sometimes never pan out and maybe a proven reliever can be a boost to a bullpen that has been weak all year long.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Bigfan5 said:
Awful deal. Promising young starting pitcher and outfielder for an aging reliever....awful. And we're 7 games out with a slim chance of getting to the playoffs.

Great move for the future Ned.

Although I think the Padres will fade, I agree with this statement. This was really the asking price for Dotel? I have always liked Lambo's potential otuside of all the issues. Perhaps he will figure it out. There would be a lot of tools in an outfield that can hold Milledge, Tabata, Mccutchen, and Lambo at any time. And thats forgetting about Jones.

Members online