Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SAD DAY FOR A DODGER PROSPECT COLLECTOR :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
CISCOKID23 said:
ALL I HAVE TO SAY :(

I think you are supposed to PM your addy for a contest. 200lbHockeyPlayer won it but said he wanted the prize sent to you. Maybe it'll cheer you up for losing Lambo, DeWitt, etc. It wasn't a Dodger prospect card but I don't think you'll mind.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
Agreed.

I've got a few supers going up now that thee guys are gone....

A-WallachBrettSuper.jpg
LamboAndrew07BCDSuper.jpg
LamboAndrew08BCSuperA.jpg
DeWittBlake08BCSuper.jpg

Very very sad.

caltek3

Jul 5, 2009
california
i dont got the stash that you guys got but it hurts me as well here is my lambo stash...even though i did sell about 30 of his autos just before the suspension here is what i had left.

07 bdpp
gold base x46
base x66
base chrome x65
bowman blue /399
chrome ref x12
xfractors x6
blue ref x3
gold ref x2

08 threads
ref /25
ref/50
autos x2 /25

08 tristar projections
ref /25

08 chrome
xfractor autos x2

and here are my graded ones
08 chrome xfractor auto 9.5 / 10 auto
all subs 9.5
blue ref auto 9.5/10 auto
subs 9.5/9.5/9/9.5
gold autp 9.5/10 auto
subs 10/9.5/9.5/9.5
orange auto 9/10 auto
subs 9.5/9/9.5/8.5

07 draft
blue ref 9.5
subs 9.5/9.5/9.5/9.5
gold ref 9.5
subs 9/10/9.5/9.5
oranger ref 9.5
subs 9.5/9.5/9/9.5

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
On the bright side, Jerry Sands is the next big Dodger prospect and you'll start seeing him in 2010 Bowman Chrome! Unless Ned Coletti isn't done (hope to god he is).

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
jaydub said:
On the bright side, Jerry Sands is the next big Dodger prospect and you'll start seeing him in 2010 Bowman Chrome! Unless Ned Coletti isn't done (hope to god he is).

I have two guys who went to high school here locally that I would have invested into HEAVILY had they had cards sooner. The two you ask? Jerry Sands and Chris Archer. I am talking about as far back as when Archer was an Indians prospect and Sands was kicking around R league ball.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Wow what's all the fuss. It baseball and a business. So as Prospectors you know this going into it, that the guy on your team today
can, and well be some other place tomorrow. I can never get it, when people freak-out over there team trading away they guy(s) they collect. I don't think they care to take this into account when they are going to make the deal. :D

I wouldn't worry about the guys that went to Chicago, because it seems we don't keep some of the guys we get in our trades for to long anyway. In a year or too they will be somewhere else.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
Wow what's all the fuss. It baseball and a business. So as Prospectors you know this going into it, that the guy on your team today
can, and well be some other place tomorrow. I can never get it, when people freak-out over there team trading away they guy(s) they collect. I don't think they care to take this into account when they are going to make the deal. :D

I wouldn't worry about the guys that went to Chicago, because it seems we don't keep some of the guys we get in our trades for to long anyway. In a year or too they will be somewhere else.

People who buy prospects for their team aren't cold blooded profit chasers, they just want the rookies of the guys who will someday be great for their team. Its an emotional investment not a dollars issue.

It killed me that i couldn't afford many of Hanley's best rookie cards. And the reason was, he was traded to my team & immediately won the rookie of the year. Had he been with the Marlins all along, i would have had tons of his rookies.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I'm also wondering should I buy or sell Wallach right now. He's quietly put up a decent year and I bought a bunch of his stuff out of the gate.

The Blue Refractors numbered to /99 were my drug of choice. They were going for way less than half of the 50 Golds and I wasn't sure whether the new blue print run of fifty would be good news or bad news.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
yankeesfan24 said:
im ticked that Brett Wallach got moved, i saw his future being much brighter in LA than now in Chi-Town

I feel sorry for Brett because the Cubs is where players go to lose. 102 years of heritage can't be wrong!

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
I have lost count on how many Lambo's I have....( sad thing is I had a feeling it was gonna happen...my sons little league coach coached Lambo one summer and kept saying that the Dodgers will grow tired of him...:( and now they did )....

here is a lil of what i have of WALLACH

2009BowmanChromeDraftProspectsRefra.jpg2009BowmanChromeDraftProspectsX-Fra.jpg

GOLDS

2009BowmanChromeDraftProspectsGo-2.jpg2009BowmanChromeDraftProspectsGo-3.jpg

2009BowmanChromeDraftProspectsGo-1.jpg2009BowmanChromeDraftProspectsGo-4.jpg

2009BowmanChromeDraftProspectsGoldR.jpg

ORANGE :mrgreen:

2009BowmanChromeDraftProspectsOrang.jpg

THESE WERE MY FAV LAMBO'S

LAMBO-2007-BOWMAN-DRAFT-CHROME-REFR.jpg
LAMBO-2007-BOWMAN-DRAFT-CHROME-BLUE.jpg2007-BOWMAN-DRAFT-CHROME-BLUE-REFRA.jpg

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I can guarantee you that I probably cost you at least 30 to 40 extra bucks on those golds.

For some weird reason, a lot of the Wallach's had shipping to Canada but it was at an absurd rate. So I'd basically bid up to what was fair with the shipping included, only to have the same person nail me every time.

If I knew it was you and you were going to bid every time, I wouldn't have bothered, hah.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
I can guarantee you that I probably cost you at least 30 to 40 extra bucks on those golds.

For some weird reason, a lot of the Wallach's had shipping to Canada but it was at an absurd rate. So I'd basically bid up to what was fair with the shipping included, only to have the same person nail me every time.

If I knew it was you and you were going to bid every time, I wouldn't have bothered, hah.

I PAID LESS THAN $19.00 ON EACH GOLD...2 OF THEM FOR AROUND $15

Members online