Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cubs sign Bradley 3 years 30 million

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
Ehhhhh.....I hope he stays healthy and keep his attitude in check.

[youtube:3r5z124p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfbTYyZEij8[/youtube:3r5z124p]

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
As long as he can stay level-headed I think it will be alright

dodgerchromie

Aug 7, 2008
California
he's a total risk, attitude problems and injury prone.

cubs fans this puppy is going up on ebay:

sc0003afd601.jpg

Daze_fan

Jan 5, 2009
Lake Bluff, IL
What areCubs thinking????? they could hae got Abreu for about the same, or less money!

Bradley is exactly that.. A FRIGGING DH!! I could care less bouthis mental problems. Did Jim Hedry not learn from the wasting of Money on Fukudome? Were's Badley gonna play? every once in a while pltooning with fukudome?

This was the worst signing the Cubs have made since re-signin Wood and Prior 5 times.
What does Bradlybring to the Cubs? I lt handed bat that will probably only hit .250 maybe .260, maybe 12-17 HR's
Bradley is one of the most over-rated players in the game, plus they just signed Gathright not but 3 weeks ago. Johnson will be back In center most of the year as Pie has been like Patterson, allype and no show.

I just dont understand it. They could have even kept Edmonds for nearly half that. Why waste the money on these guys in the first place when if you wanted an aging outfielder/DH that will probably be traded by the dealine next season(2010) you could have kept Cliff Floyd!
The year before. This is wrong in so many ways. Bradley will fit into Chicago like Brian McCrae did... HE WONT!

Even yet, If ou wand an aging right fielder, go get Jermaine Dye! They might as well have signed rank Thomas if they wanted someone with an attitude that will play 60 games a year!

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
One of the few things I HATE about baseball... they reward completely unworthy a-hole players with big contracts. This guy is a friggin' bum compared to many MANY other players that outplay him and make far less money... and on top of it, he's an a-hole.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Bradley = Clubhouse Cancer

He's a punk and will undermine the managers authority.

Terrible signing IMO

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
It's a waste of time sigining tempermental players like Bradley to such contracts. IT was a dumb desperation move by the Cubs. Nothing they can do now. The only way the Cubs can trade him is by eating 99% of his contract.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
George K said:
It's a waste of time sigining tempermental players like Bradley to such contracts. IT was a dumb desperation move by the Cubs. Nothing they can do now. The only way the Cubs can trade him is by eating 99% of his contract.
yeah he is here for the rest of this season and then maybe 3/4 not next before they case him out of town.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Daze_fan said:
Jst wondering what those of you that said this was a good signing are thinking now?
Nice digging up of a very old post. Anyone that thought that this was a good signing should have their head examined for the possibility of any trace of a brain. Only a true Cub homer would have liked this deal.

Members online