Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brocks comments on Fedor loss.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I just now came across these comments from Lesnar.

"It was disappointing. I hate to see a guy like that," Lesnar said. "Whether his legacy was more of a mystique than it was, he stood up and he was respectful and it was tough to see. It reminded me of my first fight against Frank [Mir] when I got really anxious and fell right into the trap."

"That’s a tough pill to swallow. That’s a big pill to swallow and I definitely do not want to try to swallow that pill again."

"I feel bad for him."

"No I don’t. I don’t think any less of him," Lesnar said. "We’re human beings and we all make mistakes and it’s whether or not we can get up and better ourselves. That’s what true champions are made of, I believe."

http://www.bjpenn.com/forum/topics/broc ... n-to-fedor

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Bornagaincollector said:
I got more respect for Lesnar after the Carwin fight,but he doesnt beat Fedor in my mind.
This fight will never happen because Fedor doesn't really want it to happen, plus the allure of Fedor certainly has dulled since his loss.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Sam Banks said:
I don't see how it's dulled. He's legitimately lost one fight in a 30+ fight career.
Seriously Sam?

He was hailed as unstoppable for 10 years and his previous only loss was due to a doctor stoppage, and then he tapped at the end of June. That is the definition of "dulled." Not saying he's not a great fighter, just saying that the aura of Fedor today isn't what it was two months ago.

Marketing wise, Fedor's value is significantly lower in this "what have you done for me lately" sport.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
i would love to see this fight because i think lesnar would just over power fedor, only way i see fedor winning is if he could tap lesnar somehow

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Sam Banks said:
I don't see how it's dulled. He's legitimately lost one fight in a 30+ fight career.
Seriously Sam?

He was hailed as unstoppable for 10 years and his previous only loss was due to a doctor stoppage, and then he tapped at the end of June. That is the definition of "dulled." Not saying he's not a great fighter, just saying that the aura of Fedor today isn't what it was two months ago.

Marketing wise, Fedor's value is significantly lower in this "what have you done for me lately" sport.

I agree with you and sam.

Marketing value is lower but guess what, he's still Fedor and can tap you in about 3 seconds

I'd still love to see Brock/Fedor but I believe Brock would demolish him now.

Although, dont discount Fedor's striking skills

BTW, who is his next opponent?

Have they mentioned it yet?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
He hasn't diminished because he wasn't even marketable BEFORE losing. So how is him losing going to hurt something that wasn't even possible BEFORE he lost? Sure, hardcore MMA fans know how great Fedor is, but the casual fan still thinks Kimbo is a great fighter.

He's still the same fighter he's always been, that hasn't diminished. Every MMA fan who knows anything know what that happened in that fight. Werdum won, made him tap. Because Fedor made an uncharacteristic mistake and jumped into his guard too soon, and because he wasn't sweaty and his position against the cage made it impossible to get out.

People lose, and I don't believe it's diminished anything for the reasons I listed.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Sam Banks said:
He hasn't diminished because he wasn't even marketable BEFORE losing. So how is him losing going to hurt something that wasn't even possible BEFORE he lost? Sure, hardcore MMA fans know how great Fedor is, but the casual fan still thinks Kimbo is a great fighter.

He's still the same fighter he's always been, that hasn't diminished. Every MMA fan who knows anything know what that happened in that fight. Werdum won, made him tap. Because Fedor made an uncharacteristic mistake and jumped into his guard too soon, and because he wasn't sweaty and his position against the cage made it impossible to get out.

People lose, and I don't believe it's diminished anything for the reasons I listed.

Oh it's definitely diminished, the "aura of invincibility" is no longer there as he was tapped by Werdum (& though I realize Fedor has still only lost cleanly this one time, it doesn't change the fact that the one time is his latest fight). I personally hold Fedor in the top 3 fighter's of all-time & that loss will not change that but I do think ya gotta be living in a fairy tale (or you're just a die-hard Fedor fan whom is wearing blinder's) if you don't realize that Fedor's recent loss to Werdum has dulled or somewhat diminished the buzz/hype that was surrounding him....ex. I can guaran-damn-tee you that Dana White & the UFC's offering price went down just as soon as Fedor's hand struck Werdum's leg for the tap! ;)

Of note- I am a big fan of Fedor & still believe he is of elite status but facts are facts & whenever someone is built up & hyped because they're undefeated (which Fedor basically was because his only loss was highly controversial), walk into that octagon undefeated, & then come out of that octagon with the loss- thier hype-train is immediately derailed & they almost have to start over to come back & create a different kind of buzz (as they can never revisit that "undefeated" claim-to-fame again)!

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
He might have lost some luster from the average MMA fan,but true MMA fans who have been watching this sport knows how dangerous he is! There is NOT ANOTHER FIGHTER who would have went that long without losing a fight.Even if it was against what people consider cans.

I believe Fedor is still the best HW in MMA today,the gap has closed quite a bit.And i would hate to be his next fight,because that person will be some serious trouble,Fedor will be really tough to beat this time around.

We saw what Carwin did with Lesnar in the 1st round,Fedor would have finished that fight before the round ended and he wouldn't have got tired in rd 2,his stanima is better then Brocks by far.

I guess we will have to hope for a miracle and Fedor signs with the ufc in the Future.And once and for all we can see who is the best.

Latest posts