Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shill Bidding?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
I am the last one to call someone out but this auction has me a bit bothered. Bidder has 100% bid activity with the seller on 31 different items. I "lost" this auction and was contacted from the seller within an hour or so informing me the bidder wouldn't pay. I found it a bit suspicious. If I am wrong then just let this thread die but to me it looks pretty blatent and I am not to happy to say the least since I have made plenty of deals with this seller over the years. I originally offered $9 delivered for this auction on SCF which he countered $15 which I declined. Coincidence the winning bid would have to have been right over $9 in order to win?

Auction

Bidder

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Yeah. Shilled.
Seller is a piece of crap. His actions so short after auction ended is a dead giveaway.
It's a nice piece though.
Tell him you'll pay what YOU bid.
Then drop the neg. when you get it. ;)

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
It appears he is at it again with the recent lot of stuff he just sold. Is there anything that can done as far as removing him from ebay or at least warning the buyers?

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
You can contact eBay and they will investigate him and if they feel he is shill bidding they will remove the auctions and suspend him for a little while. It probably want be a long suspension since it is a first offense (if he hasn't been suspended before).

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Just report all the auctions as shilled. Ebay actually works pretty fast with these types of violations.

Members online