Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Venture: HOF/Star RC Auto's (Vintage)...SCOTTY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
I just got in to these to go along with cut autographs in general. Scotty I put your name in the title because I knew you'd be interested, thanks for the complement on the pickup thread. I have three so far and I am looking for more!

Minoso is a HOF'er in my book :)

Here is what I have. Who else collects these? If you have some and are willing to trade/sell gimme a shout!

FellerRCAuto.jpg

MinosoRCAuto.jpg

16l04rk.jpg

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
Nice pickups so far and GOOD LUCK on the new venture! I've been collecting HOF RC Autos for 3 years now and its been a blast! I have tons of extras from Julius Erving to Bob Feller (his Real Rookie from 1936) to Ernie Banks to Stan Musial to.... well you get the pic, check out my collection in my sig and PM with you you are looking for as I might be able to help you out,
Dan

PS- are you looking to collect just living HOFers or deceased ones as well?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Awesome stuff, Seth....I love that Feller (how much was that one?)

Keep it up man, looking forward to seeing more of these in the future. :D

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
chromerookies said:
Nice pickups so far and GOOD LUCK on the new venture! I've been collecting HOF RC Autos for 3 years now and its been a blast! I have tons of extras from Julius Erving to Bob Feller (his Real Rookie from 1936) to Ernie Banks to Stan Musial to.... well you get the pic, check out my collection in my sig and PM with you you are looking for as I might be able to help you out,
Dan

PS- are you looking to collect just living HOFers or deceased ones as well?

You have quite an amazing collection! Thanks man! PM coming soon!

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
I don't have any auto'd rookies, but I have a few auto'd vintage, and they are awesome. Great pickups!

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
FYI the R314-4/V352-2 "WWG Canadian Creamy Wide Pens" Bob Feller is from 1937 not 1936.
The Bobby Doerr in the set obviously dates it to 1937.

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire
I just took the plunge as well in regards to HOF slabbed Autos. I ended up deciding on slabbed PSA/DNA Perez Steele postcards which will hopefully be a cheaper alternative than RC Autos.

Best of luck with your collection.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
tooly22 said:
I just took the plunge as well in regards to HOF slabbed Autos. I ended up deciding on slabbed PSA/DNA Perez Steele postcards which will hopefully be a cheaper alternative than RC Autos.

Congrats and Good Luck on your new challenge and Yes it will def. be cheaper than signed Rookies although that Satchel Paige is gonna cost you a pretty penny,
Dan

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Paige, Waner (even tougher than Paige) and to a lesser degree Walt Alston are all toughies. Verkman had them (that had come from my LCS originally) earlier this year, and they sold quite well. What usually happens is that one makes it's way to the market, sells for several thousands of dollars, prompting one or two more to be sold, then they disappear into the hobby again for a while.

chromerookies said:
tooly22 said:

Congrats and Good Luck on your new challenge and Yes it will def. be cheaper than signed Rookies although that Satchel Paige is gonna cost you a pretty penny,
Dan

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire
The Paige is the big one that I want, but I may go the route of getting a cut of Paige just for the collection. Richie Ashburn appears to be quite costly too. I just love the fact that you can pick up beautiful looking, authenticated autographs of Hall of Famers for less than $40 in many cases.

Now all I need is to figure out a way to display them in Mantown.

Sean_C said:
Paige, Waner (even tougher than Paige) and to a lesser degree Walt Alston are all toughies. Verkman had them (that had come from my LCS originally) earlier this year, and they sold quite well. What usually happens is that one makes it's way to the market, sells for several thousands of dollars, prompting one or two more to be sold, then they disappear into the hobby again for a while.

chromerookies said:
tooly22 said:

Dan

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
fkw said:
FYI the R314-4/V352-2 "WWG Canadian Creamy Wide Pens" Bob Feller is from 1937 not 1936.
The Bobby Doerr in the set obviously dates it to 1937.
And PSA dates it to 1936 ;)

bobbydoerr36psadna.jpg