Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MARBURY TO THE CELTICS GETTING THROWN AROUND- THOUGHTS!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I saw it on espn.com all week and really dint know how serious it was and keeps getting brought up. I myself would not mind Marbury comming to the Celts as if he can contribute then good. I also dont think he will be a problem with the Celts as they would be the ones to keep him in check. My main concern is that do we really need a point gaurd/ shooting gaurd? I mean if we bring Steph in that means they are not saving Cassell and I personally do not think they are addressing the main issue and that is bringing in a another bigman off the bench, kinda like a PJ Brown. Anybody else have any thoughts or comments?

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
I've heard this, but I've also heard that Marbury wants to go to a team and start...he won't start in Boston.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I would rather have Cassell backing up Rondo then Marbury. Cassell has a better attitude and knows the system. Marbury is more talented but would not fit in

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I don't see how this could hurt them. They don't have to give up anything to get him. It won't cost a lot and it will only be a 1 year deal. The vets on this team will keep him in line and he will probably use this opportunity to prove he can still play and be an asset to a team.

Yes the team needs a big man, but to be honest that help isn't out there. They do need a backup pg. The fact that tony allen has been running the point proves that. It also gives them another scoring option for when Doc takes out Rondo, Pierce, and Garnett all at once.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Wehttam6- I heard the same thing but now its getting a little more realistic.

Huffamaniac- I like that idea myself but am still trying to figure out cassell's role.

Tomlinson21RB- I am with ya on this as like I said If we get Marbury I will be happy but for some reason I think we need a bigman or big forward to come off the bench who can play defense and hold off the other team till the starters get back being that Doc isnt going to change his coaching stragedy with the way he rest his starter. If we get Marbury Doc need to change the way he rest Kg and the rest of the guys cause right now its starting to catch up to them.

KOBEARODLT- Yes I did :) . PM Back!!

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I would hate to see this. If the Celtics win another Championship this year, I would hate to think he has a ring. I hate it when jerks get rewarded. Donnie Walsh is running the Knicks and he simply doesn't send a player to a better team. He never did it when he was with the Pacers.

Members online