Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Manny still be a Dodger by season's end?

Will Manny end the season as a Dodger?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
My Dodgers have been struggling for offense since the All-star break. Ned Colletti believes that once Manny returns from the DL, he will provide the much-needed spark for the team to start hitting and producing runs again.

When he returns though, it may be too late as the Dodgers are already 8 games out.

That being said, do you think Manny will still be in Dodger blue at the end of the season or do you think he will clear waivers and get traded to another AL team and serve as a DH? If you think he's gone, who do you think he will go?

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
Yes and only because they won't be able to trade him.
And yes your team is struggling, without Manny and Ethier in the lineup last night it was ugly (and what's happening to Matt Kemp ???).

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Well, the White Sox inquired about him and the Dodgers couldn't work anything out, so I think that's an indication that either they want to keep him or nobody is really willing to give up what they want.

On a personal note as a Sox fan, I'm very happy he didn't end up in Chicago.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Card Magnet said:
Well, the White Sox inquired about him and the Dodgers couldn't work anything out, so I think that's an indication that either they want to keep him or nobody is really willing to give up what they want.

On a personal note as a Sox fan, I'm very happy he didn't end up in Chicago.

Reportedly, the deal would have happened had LA paid all but $1 million of Manny's remaining salary. I never saw a White Sox player's name mentioned in the deal though.

I think someone would take him as a DH if the deal was right. He has playoff experience and can still hit for average.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Manny will be gone. I'm sure no team wants to pay what Manny thinks he should get, especially after these past two seasons. I wouldn't mind a younger player, i.e. Reed Johnson or someone else getting a shot. And the Dodgers need to tell Kemp to pull his head out of his ass too. No player should be allowed to make all the stupid mistakes that he does. And make Broxton middle relief and Kuo the closer. I'm getting carried away so I'll just stop.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Yes, he'll still be a Dodger. Colletti claims he doen't want to move Manny because he provides just as good a bat as anyone they can get in return. Besides the Dodgers have picked up a lot of help and getting Manny back is probably part of that plan.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
i belive he will still be a dodger. no team needs the headaches. its sad at one time i thought he was the best right handed hitter since joe dimaggio.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
yes, he'll be a dodger.

Why would a team acquire him this season when they can wait until he becomes a free agent and offer him money -- much less -- that is more inline with his current health/declining skills?

He definitely needs to go to the AL and DH because the field is not good on his legs.

Members online