Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who will be the 1st HOF'er with a superfractor rookie card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
We don't yet have a RC Auto HOF'er of Chrome Auto HOFer either (both discussions worthy of threads.)

As for Super, you pretty much have to consider the biggest names since they have released since there's no one is close to having already put up HOF numbers and there's no way to know how long these guys will play. Could be a guy from 2012 Chrome who plays 12 great years...

So the biggest names to this point are:

Lincecum
Braun
Longoria
Verlander
Lester

who else?

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
We don't yet have a RC Auto HOF'er of Chrome Auto HOFer either (both discussions worthy of threads.)

As for Super, you pretty much have to consider the biggest names since they have released since there's no one is close to having already put up HOF numbers and there's no way to know how long these guys will play. Could be a guy from 2012 Chrome who plays 12 great years...

So the biggest names to this point are:

Lincecum
Braun
Longoria
Verlander
Lester

who else?

Zimmerman?

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
yankeesfan24 said:
when were the first superfractors made?

2005 was the first actual superfractor i believe.

2004 had the red refractor 1/1 in bcdp, and a blue refractor 1/1 in topps chrome traded, there were also 1/1 red XFractors in 2004 Topps Chrome. I've only ever seen one. Would love to see the Quentin or Connor Jackson

2003 only had gold refs /50 in bcdp, but topps chrome traded had /25 xfractors. 2003 Bowman Heritage had 1/1 Rainbow cards, Jaypers had like 30 of them.

I'd put my money on Longo.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Out of everyone who has one, I'd say Braun is looking the best as of this moment in time. It's still too early to proclaim him HOF bound though.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
thefasterblade said:
I don't think Ryan Braun is making the HOF.

A little early to say that. So far he's been a beast.

I think its early to say hes going to make the HOF than saying he's not. He's a very good hitter right now, how long it stays that way, I really don't know.

AK11

May 24, 2010
Actually, a very good topic to discuss. Considering the age of chromes, chrome autographs, superfractors, etc. and how much they go for when the player has barely begun their career, it would definitely be interesting to see the change in value when one lands in the HOF later down the line. As for which players, I do not hedge bets on future HOFers, with so many things that could derail a career between now and the future. Of the names already mentioned, I would guess Longoria, Lincecum, and Braun have the first advantage considering present stats. Definitely interesting to keep an eye on...

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
thefasterblade said:
AKA Coastal said:
thefasterblade said:
I don't think Ryan Braun is making the HOF.

A little early to say that. So far he's been a beast.

I think its early to say hes going to make the HOF than saying he's not. He's a very good hitter right now, how long it stays that way, I really don't know.

It's to early for anyone from 2005. Wouldn't be much of thread if everyone assumed none of them kept it up :p

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
The first player to come to my mind was Zimmerman, probably longo(does the 2006 super really exist?)

Maybe braun or David Price. The long haired girl by the name of Tim has a good shot if he can last long enough.

Members online