Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Ginter help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I'm looking for info on unannounced inserts, odds, SP checklist etc for this. Sorting this is a pain in the arse :lol:

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
only news we got

base set SPs are 301-350

the celstial stars(however its spelled) is a random insert set in the minis

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
George_Calfas said:
jmagic87 said:
only news we got

base set SPs are 301-350

From where, any citation? This is true of past years but several breaks seem to go against these being SP's.

I don't get why they call them sp's. When they are pulled 1 every 2 packs. Any of the regular cards are easy to get and don't sell for a premium.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
matchpenalty said:
George_Calfas said:
jmagic87 said:
only news we got

base set SPs are 301-350

From where, any citation? This is true of past years but several breaks seem to go against these being SP's.

I don't get why they call them sp's. When they are pulled 1 every 2 packs. Any of the regular cards are easy to get and don't sell for a premium.

Best case it take 100 packs to get them all, how many other base cards do you get in those 100 packs?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
jmagic87 said:
only news we got

base set SPs are 301-350

Ive said it before and I will say it again, no way in hell 301-350 are all of the SP's, NO WAY.

When you open 10 blasters (80 packs) and you get 78 cards between 301-350 it blows that theory out of the water.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Thanks for the info. Please share if you learn anything else. Thanks!

I opened a few boxes and only got 12 SP in each box.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
George_Calfas said:
jmagic87 said:
only news we got

base set SPs are 301-350

I know it's faaaar from proof, but Beckett has those listed as SPs in their OPG.

Of course you can't get to their site cuz its down again.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
George_Calfas said:
jmagic87 said:
only news we got

base set SPs are 301-350

I was wondering this. I have 11 Ryan Theriot's and I got 6 of them from my case alone. I also have 5-6 of other guys as well

so if these are in fact SP's I would find this very hard to believe, since they fall 1 in every 2 packs anyway.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
matchpenalty said:
The autograph checklist is now up to 102 with a few that weren't on checklist and minus Sig Hansen.

So the Sig Hansen wasn't included after all?

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
theplasticman said:
matchpenalty said:
The autograph checklist is now up to 102 with a few that weren't on checklist and minus Sig Hansen.

So the Sig Hansen wasn't included after all?

Yeah, no Sig Hansen autos have been pulled that I've seen.
These guys have autos that weren't on the checklist.

Adam Lind, Cliff Pennington, Michael Bourn, Darren Taylor.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Saltiest sailors are very tough mini set. Also Worlds Biggest retail mini set ones # after 5 are tough pulls.
Correct. And the retail checklist only lists "World's Biggest" cards #1-5, yet the set goes to 25. 6-25 are significantly tougher to pull and do not appear in blasters...just loose retail packs I believe.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
:lol: I got an autograph of the Champion Turkey caller.

Any news on SP? There has to be others outside of 301-350.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
Topps is really taking their time releasing the print runs this year... ::facepalm::

What if they are not really sure? I mean they should have a handle on the Autos so my comment is about the main set SPs and other inserts. Does not seem to be a real difference in the set imo. What if there is no real main set SP?

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
George_Calfas said:
jmagic87 said:
only news we got

base set SPs are 301-350

I opened 6 hobby boxes - the 301-350 cards came 1 in two packs as advertised. Hobby is 8 cards per pack - so in a box you got 12 SPs (24% of the set) - After Relic, Autos, This Day in History & Sketches cards you got about 135 commons (1-300) or about 45% of the set - so in hobby the SPs were SPs - about half the rate of regular cards.

I also opened 6 blasters - many of these had the purported SPs at one per pack. The cards were also 6 to a pack, so in this case in 50 packs you have 50 SPs and about 192 regular cards - so the "SPs" may have been more plentiful in Blasters. I wasn't sure if this was true across all blasters or if I just got lucky.

I opened a few rack packs also - the SPs seemed to fall at 1:2 in those - given that they are 12 cards per pack it is easy to see that the 301-350 were SP there.

Minis are a whole other issue. I think in all packaging the base SP mini (which fall 1:5) are far more plentiful than the base regular minis. I think the base regualr minis (1-300) are only slightly more available than the A&G base minis.

Members online

Latest posts