Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking pretty cheap..Strasburg stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
I wouldn't ever buy again, actually. The time has come and gone. He's a face in the crowd before too long and the prices are unsustainable, even with Nolan Ryan type K numbers.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I wonder how dealers will be pricing his stuff at National. I bet many were loading up and expecting to cash in big being Baltimore is so close to DC market. Maybe Gilmore, Mad Mox and rest FCB crew will get some live sales data on how his stuff is moving. Even on how Bowman 2010 is being priced and selling.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
They have been dropping since release of 2010 Bowman.

The BGS 9.5 Bowman autographs peaked at around $1100, then they went down $300-400 cheaper...before he hit the DL.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
pootshwan said:
Honestly though, didn't everyone see this coming?

Uneducated buyers who buy from hype didnt.

Although I like Stras personally, I never bought one card.

Waaay to high of a risk for me (and I prospect/stash pitchers primarily)

But for people to call him a bust right now, is ridiculous

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
It happens with ALL hyped prospects.
It's called supply and demand.
The demand isn't there anymore.

You'll see the same thing with Buster soon enough. ;)

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
Junior Griffey said:
Yay a few more weeks of this and I will be able to finish my purple refractor set. For a reasonable price too!

I disagree, yet agree at the same time.

The recent BIN sales on his newest autographs, Tribute, have been all over the board, must mostly in the 350-400 range.

Allen & Ginter autographs still fetch $1,500.00.

So, yes, he's on the DL, but his cards still are fetching ridiculous prices, albeit not as ridiculous as they once were.

I'm sure that when Bowman Chrome drops, his auto will debut in the $500 range for base, unless he has TJ surgery or something between now and then which doesn't seem to be in the cards, so to speak.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Crash Davis said:
[quote="Junior Griffey":8mt6xgke]Yay a few more weeks of this and I will be able to finish my purple refractor set. For a reasonable price too!

The recent BIN sales on his newest autographs, Tribute, have been all over the board, must mostly in the 350-400 range.

So, yes, he's on the DL, but his cards still are fetching ridiculous prices, albeit not as ridiculous as they once were.

I'm sure that when Bowman Chrome drops, his auto will debut in the $500 range for base, unless he has TJ surgery or something between now and then which doesn't seem to be in the cards, so to speak.[/quote:8mt6xgke]

And 2010 BC case prices will continue to fall. Everyone that locked in early is going to be kicking themselves pretty hard.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Crash Davis said:
[quote="Junior Griffey":ixr19heo]Yay a few more weeks of this and I will be able to finish my purple refractor set. For a reasonable price too!

I'm sure that when Bowman Chrome drops, his auto will debut in the $500 range for base, unless he has TJ surgery or something between now and then which doesn't seem to be in the cards, so to speak.

And 2010 BC case prices will continue to fall. Everyone that locked in early is going to be kicking themselves pretty hard.[/quote:ixr19heo]

Until Topps announces new unannounced signers for BC. Helly? Brown? They did it for Bowman (Heyward, Castro), so it's a reasonable assumption.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I beleive Topps Chrome could have those two. I still believe Topps Chrome will be a stronger product then Bowman Chrome this year

Jaypers said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Crash Davis said:
[quote="Junior Griffey":27by46en]Yay a few more weeks of this and I will be able to finish my purple refractor set. For a reasonable price too!

And 2010 BC case prices will continue to fall. Everyone that locked in early is going to be kicking themselves pretty hard.

Until Topps announces new unannounced signers for BC. Helly? Brown? They did it for Bowman (Heyward, Castro), so it's a reasonable assumption.[/quote:27by46en]

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Jaypers said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Crash Davis said:
[quote="Junior Griffey":3p5qiupj]Yay a few more weeks of this and I will be able to finish my purple refractor set. For a reasonable price too!

Until Topps announces new unannounced signers for BC. Helly? Brown? They did it for Bowman (Heyward, Castro), so it's a reasonable assumption.[/quote:3p5qiupj]

Between the two of us, you can't find more "man love" for Helly and Brown, but I don't see the two of them elevating BC like Heyward and Castro elevated Bowman in conjunction with Strasburg's first auto (before the call up and subsequent trip to the DL and the inevitable shut down before BC even releases). BC is was elevated purely on the hype bubble of Strasburg and with the bubble having its air let out, BC will find the same fate.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yes. Besides, since when did the 'greens' and 'reds' become Bowman must-haves...? Curious indeed...is Bowan going through an identity crisis or is there a lack of MiLB talent?

Topps is going to get as many people to buy as many releases as possible.

Huffamaniac said:
I beleive Topps Chrome could have those two. I still believe Topps Chrome will be a stronger product then Bowman Chrome this year

Members online

Latest posts