Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

August Group Sub Discussion Thread - SHIPPED TO YOU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
We are now taking cards for the August Sub!

Freedom Card Board.com is proud to be the home of the best BGS group sub in the business. We offer the opportunity to submit cards to Beckett Grading Services to all of our members. When submitting please honor the following guidelines:

For new guidelines, please see the TOS, applicable from June forward at: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=48101&p=627527#p627527

Deadline is the 20th of the month, as always.

Hawkhawk

Aug 13, 2008
Re: August Group Sub Discussion Thread

masonphillip said:

Freedom Card Board.com is proud to be the home of the best BGS group sub in the business. We offer the opportunity to submit cards to Beckett Grading Services to all of our members. When submitting please honor the following guidelines:

For new guidelines, please see the TOS, applicable from June forward at: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=48101&p=627527#p627527

I was in the may sub, and we got 3 free gradings. can i use them in this months sub?

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

Hawkhawk said:
masonphillip said:

I was in the may sub, and we got 3 free gradings. can i use them in this months sub?

Yep yep, just back 3 off your card total and auto total when calc'ing your payment.

Hawkhawk

Aug 13, 2008

ok i have another question, JEA2880 is subing (3) 2009 Bowman Sterling Bobby Borchering Auto (minimum grade 9.5) i have 5 that i want too sub is there anyway you can tell the apart?

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008

Hawkhawk said:
ok i have another question, JEA2880 is subing (3) 2009 Bowman Sterling Bobby Borchering Auto (minimum grade 9.5) i have 5 that i want too sub is there anyway you can tell the apart?

Do they have topps holograms on the back with numbers? If so, that's what you can use to differentiate.

B

Hawkhawk

Aug 13, 2008

Piratesfan1418 said:
Hawkhawk said:

Do they have topps holograms on the back with numbers? If so, that's what you can use to differentiate.

B
no they dont, i was looking for them.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

Hawkhawk said:
Piratesfan1418 said:
Hawkhawk said:

B
no they dont, i was looking for them.

I've had this happen inadvertently before and I am able to sort them out. Generally, the cards seem to stay in order with subber, it would be easier if you put no MG on them or something like that too.

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008

I'm thinking of trying for a sub bump? What is the best way to about that? Send it in still encased or crack it? The card is a 9 that needs one of the two 9's to move up to make the card a 9.5.

Brad

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008

Piratesfan1418 said:
I'm thinking of trying for a sub bump. What is the best way to go about that? Send it in still encased or crack it? The card is a 9 that needs one of the two 9's to move up to make the card a 9.5.

Brad

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky

Piratesfan1418 said:
Piratesfan1418 said:
I'm thinking of trying for a sub bump. What is the best way to go about that? Send it in still encased or crack it? The card is a 9 that needs one of the two 9's to move up to make the card a 9.5.

Brad

Don't crack it, just resub it. I've had pristine success this way.

Marlo

Jul 25, 2010

Guys I really no idea about grading. I have a couple cards I would like to get graded, but I really have no clue if they will grade well. If I posted pics, would you guys be able to tell? Obviously you couldn't be certain, but maybe you could pick out ones that definitely shouldn't be sent in.

Thanks

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio

Marlo said:
Guys I really no idea about grading. I have a couple cards I would like to get graded, but I really have no clue if they will grade well. If I posted pics, would you guys be able to tell? Obviously you couldn't be certain, but maybe you could pick out ones that definitely shouldn't be sent in.

Thanks

Go ahead and post them. If they're chrome, remember to wipe the surface with a scratch-free cloth, like one you would use on glasses.

wju2004

Dec 26, 2008

I was wondering something myself, guys. For a 10, does it have to be 2 or 3 10s with a 9.5? I've got one that came back at the National show with a 10 on edges, but the rest were 9.5's. I agree with the 9.5 on centering, but figured at least the surface should have been a 10 if not corners too. The thought of resubmitting has crossed my mind to see if I couldn't get it up to a 10 by some luck. Thanks in advance.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

wju2004 said:
I was wondering something myself, guys. For a 10, does it have to be 2 or 3 10s with a 9.5? I've got one that came back at the National show with a 10 on edges, but the rest were 9.5's. I agree with the 9.5 on centering, but figured at least the surface should have been a 10 if not corners too. The thought of resubmitting has crossed my mind to see if I couldn't get it up to a 10 by some luck. Thanks in advance.

Yes, it has to be 3 10s with a 9.5

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN

I keep trying to forget about subbing the cards so they'll pop before I know it, but do you have an approximate date for poppage? I know it's probably in a few weeks, but other than that I have no clue. Also, any rough approximation of when we'll have our cards back would be awesome.

Thanks again for putting it all together.

Members online