Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chris Sale Called Up to the White Sox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The first 2010 draft pick to make it to the Show. :mrgreen:

White Sox to promote Chris Sale on Tuesday
Chris Sale - S - Chicago White SoxMore team newsToday - 12:10 PM ET
The White Sox are expected to promote relief prospect Chris Sale from Triple-A Charlotte before Tuesday's game.

Sale was selected with the 13th overall pick in June's first-year player draft and has sky-rocketed quickly through the White Sox's farm system. He has fanned 19 batters in 10 1/3 total minor league innings and will provide the club with another reliable late-innings reliever down the stretch.

Source: Mark Gonzales on Twitter

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
hawkfandan said:
I wish I had something sell. I wish there WAS something to sell! ;)

He's going to have a promo card at Nats.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
yankeesfan24 said:
wow, so i guess he wont be a starter....

I do. It's been said he'll begin his pro career as a reliever, but make the transition to a starter next year.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
yankeesfan24 said:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think they are going to make him a starter next year.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
Jared said:
yankeesfan24 said:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think they are going to make him a starter next year.

Yes the white sox are planning on making him a starter next year. They did not this year because he already pitched a whole season at college and they wanted to limit his innings this year. They wanted him to get the experience since he signed early. They talked about him going to the bullpen when they drafted him for the remainder of the year.
He was called up because Erik Threets hurt his foot or toe the other day.

Members online