Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

In The Game is In the Baseball Game!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
:shock:

ITG has made some sweet hockey cards, so a baseball transition could put some nice stuff out. I love the sketched profile on the Williams and Aaron. Since that's an artist rendering, I wonder if that gets them around the tricky license issue that causes most cuts to have no picture.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Not sure I love the look of the prospect cards as they are. Would like a more spiced up design, but that's just my opinion.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
Isn't Beckham a Razor exclusive? Is this going to be like 2010 Bowman Chrome where he will be removed from the checklist or did they actually compensate Razor?

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Now THAT is some big news to come out of the National! Certainly looks interesting.

In The Game Will Enter Baseball Card Market...

Trading card manufacturer In The Game will expand into the baseball card market later this year. Preliminary details were released to collectors Wednesday at the 2010 National Sports Collectors Convention in Baltimore.

2010 In The Game Heroes and Prospects Baseball Hits will be the company’s first foray into the world of baseball cards.

For collectors that are familiar with the company’s releases for the hockey card market, the company’s Heroes and Prospects set is immediately associated with bringing the first autograph cards of hockey’s brightest young stars to the hobby. Since the 2004-05 season, the Heroes and Prospects brand has seen the cardboard debuts of Sidney Crosby, Alexander Ovechkin, Evgeni Malkin, John Tavares, Steven Stamkos, Patrick Kane, Carey Price and many other current and future superstars.

“Over the past few years, In The Game’s Heroes and Prospects releases have remained among the most popular on the hockey card market and as the brand heads into its seventh season, we wanted to extend it into the baseball card market,” said In The Game’s President, Dr. Brian Price. “Our deep appreciation for the amazing history of the sport of baseball allows us to also go after some great names that are sure to appeal to collectors and we look forward to producing something that is sure to stand out in the marketplace.”

Each box of 2010 In The Game Heroes and Prospects Baseball Hits will contain four cards – all ‘hits’.

“We feel that the hobby is always moving in different directions, by making this product, it allows us to focus on what many collectors want the most – the “hits,” said Price.

On average, there will be 3.5 Prospect Autographs per box and every other box will contain one Heroes Cut Signature or Heroes Game-Used Memorabilia card.

The premier edition of In The Game Heroes and Prospects Baseball Hits will be released in November and the company promises the product will be “extremely limited”. Confirmed prospects to be featured include young stars Jason Heyward and Tim Beckham. A complete checklist will be available on the company’s website October 1.

As for the Heroes component of this product, Heroes Cut Signatures or limited Heroes Game-Used Memorabilia cards will feature Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams and Hank Aaron. Collectors can view the checklist for this portion of the product on September 15, 2010. The company released images Wednesday, showing cut autograph cards of Aaron and Williams.

“Who knows what direction that the success of 2010 In The Game Heroes and Prospects Baseball Hits will take us,” said Price. “If our new products appeal to enough collectors, I would love to see an expansion into the basketball and football prospect market as well. Only time will tell if we can accomplish this, but with the support of collectors we can certainly work hard to deliver what they want to see.”

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Re: In The Game Will Enter Baseball Card Market...

I hope they BGS slab the hits. Like they have done with a lot of hockey stuff they have done.

huntah

Mar 4, 2009
Re: In The Game Will Enter Baseball Card Market...

matchpenalty said:
I hope they BGS slab the hits. Like they have done with a lot of hockey stuff they have done.

I don't think they will. At least not for the H&P product. They haven't in hockey. They had an higher end product ITG Ultimate Memorabilia that were slabbed, but not H&P.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
At the risk of sounding foolish, could this be why Brian would not allow Topps to have the contracts for his exclusives? Did he throw his exclusive contracts into the deal to obtain the leaf name?? Now that Beckham and others appear to be in this new set, it looks that way to me.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
mchenrycards said:
At the risk of sounding foolish, could this be why Brian would not allow Topps to have the contracts for his exclusives? Did he throw his exclusive contracts into the deal to obtain the leaf name?? Now that Beckham and others appear to be in this new set, it looks that way to me.

Nice move by BG.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
The rookie autos look like just minors cards

This was also my first thought, but if all the cut autos look as good as the two in the link then the legends will drive the sale of the product.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Oh wow this awesome!!!! They do a fantastic job in Hockey and hopefully will continue over to Baseball.

LONG LIVE ITG!!!!! :D :D :D

Members online