Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Local store closing - what to buy at 50% OFF!?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tigsfan

Aug 15, 2008
Michigan
I've already decided that I'm going to buy the George Anderson '59 RC for $20, but the rest will likely go into the packs still there. My options to weigh (all partially gone boxes)

2006 Topps Jose Bautista AU - $5 (don't think I'll get it)
2007 Topps Baseball S2 - Jumbo or regular I think (regular would be $1.50? and jumbo $5)
2008 Topps Baseball S2 - Jumbo ($5 a pack)
2010 Upper Deck Baseball - regular (guessing it is also $1.50

I know there was more, but this is what I remember from looking a little on Monday. Also no Ginter or much of any other sport. I think I'll budget myself to $100, but maybe more if it is really worth going after. Any suggestions to what to get or look into?

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
tigsfan said:
I've already decided that I'm going to buy the George Anderson '59 RC for $20, but the rest will likely go into the packs still there. My options to weigh (all partially gone boxes)

2006 Topps Jose Bautista AU - $5 (don't think I'll get it)
2007 Topps Baseball S2 - Jumbo or regular I think (regular would be $1.50? and jumbo $5)
2008 Topps Baseball S2 - Jumbo ($5 a pack)
2010 Upper Deck Baseball - regular (guessing it is also $1.50

I know there was more, but this is what I remember from looking a little on Monday. Also no Ginter or much of any other sport. I think I'll budget myself to $100, but maybe more if it is really worth going after. Any suggestions to what to get or look into?

If those were the prices after the 50% discounts its no wonder your shop is going out of business. Buy your George Anderson and move on, looks like whatever they had of value was sold already.

tigsfan

Aug 15, 2008
Michigan
Joshua.Roundtree said:
If those were the prices after the 50% discounts its no wonder your shop is going out of business. Buy your George Anderson and move on, looks like whatever they had of value was sold already.
He didn't have anything of value since he was mainly a jersey/clothing store with the small selection. Any lower end hobby stuff from the past couple years he probably has.

I still think the Anderson RC is a good deal for the shape it was in, and would look at reselling it. I would send it to Sparky, but he may or may not have quit signing, again.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
If he has any supplies cheap, I'd buy them even before I bought the Anderson.

tigsfan

Aug 15, 2008
Michigan
Sean_C said:
If he has any supplies cheap, I'd buy them even before I bought the Anderson.
There are a little bit of those, some toploaders and penny sleeves, but too many. I think they would still cost me $2 or so a pack.

Members online