Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

J.C. Romero Suspended 50 Games..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
Re: J.C. Romero Suspened 50 Games..

What the hell?

I'll tell you this 50 game suspension rule is full of shat. Guys are getting suspended for supplements that were said to be ok. I don't know if he really did or did not do steroids but why does it come out now?

braden

Aug 7, 2008

ryanhoward06 said:
What the hell?

I'll tell you this 50 game suspension rule is full of shat. Guys are getting suspended for supplements that were said to be ok. I don't know if he really did or did not do steroids but why does it come out now?

So you don't know the details but are calling it BS. Makes sense.

And the reason it's coming out now:
Romero said on Monday that he bought a supplement from a GNC store and that he was cleared to take it by the Phillies' training staff. He actually tested positive in late September, but he took the case to arbitration, allowing him to pitch in the postseason and World Series.

So if you want to lay blame, put it on the apparent incompetence of the Phillies' training staff.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008

braden said:
ryanhoward06 said:
What the hell?

Romero said on Monday that he bought a supplement from a GNC store and that he was cleared to take it by the Phillies' training staff. He actually tested positive in late September, but he took the case to arbitration, allowing him to pitch in the postseason and World Series.

So if you want to lay blame, put it on the apparent incompetence of the Phillies' training staff.

Still pissy about the Hewitt thing huh?

I just read the full article by Peter Gammons after posting(I didn't see it because I was so mad)and it confirms that it's BS.

What I said was "guys". I am referring to the many cases that are BS.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

braden said:
ryanhoward06 said:
What the hell?

...and two nutritionists... and the MLBPA that said you can buy ANYTHING from a GNC and it's okay, then in November after the testing, said, "oops! we ****** up!"?

braden

Aug 7, 2008

ryanhoward06 said:
braden said:
ryanhoward06 said:
What the hell?

I just read the full article by Peter Gammons after posting(I didn't see it because I was so mad)and it confirms that it's BS.

Hewitt? I can honestly say I don't know what you're talking about. Pretty sure you're mistaking me for someone else.

Romero may have a case with the MLBPA. Perhaps they should dip into their 'emergency fund' and pay him what he'll lose since they obviously can't keep up to date on their own drug policy.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008

braden said:
ryanhoward06 said:
braden said:
ryanhoward06 said:
What the hell?

Hewitt? I can honestly say I don't know what you're talking about. Pretty sure you're mistaking me for someone else.

Romero may have a case with the MLBPA. Perhaps they should dip into their 'emergency fund' and pay him what he'll lose since they obviously can't keep up to date on their own drug policy.

Maybe. I forget.

I doubt MLBPA will do that, but I do wonder if Romero has a case against them?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
"Tainted" supplements are as old as GNC...and therefore should not be that much of a shock.

As to the suspension, the MLBPA agreed to these terms...I certainly expect their players to hold to them. MLB and the MLBPA were well aware of "tainted" positives before this agreement was signed, so until the policy changes, players need to be overly cautious and suspecting of everything.

Members online

Latest posts