Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rashun Dixon is scorching...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
His last 10 games:

.471 average, 16 H, 1 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR, 8/10 BB/SO ratio, 1.288 OPS

He should make the hot sheet tomorrow, where do you see him among the other A prospects.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
.... so what will be more desirable? His 2009 1st chrome card or his 2010 1st chrome card? LOL

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
soccerman034 said:
He should make the hot sheet tomorrow, where do you see him among the other A prospects.

I wouldn't be so quick to make that assumption. Of those 16 hits, only 3 were for extra bases (one of which took place last Thursday, which is too early to make this week's list). In addition, he struck out 10 times. And finally, remember BA takes ceiling more into account than actual performance. He's never been a Top 10 guy in their eyes.

Helium Watch, maybe.

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
bmc398 said:
.... so what will be more desirable? His 2009 1st chrome card or his 2010 1st chrome card? LOL
Great question....great job topps.. :lol:

I bought this card for $15.50 last week.

ByzuCTEGkKGrHqQOKjIEwQQ29-EBMTO1p811Q_12.jpg

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
I have the 2009 red of him. His better card should be his 2008 DEEE /199. Redemption only or the LEAF LIMITED PHENOM /99 (unannounced but very rare).

He is in his 2nd year of pro ball at what 19? I like that.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Jaypers said:
soccerman034 said:

I wouldn't be so quick to make that assumption. Of those 16 hits, only 3 were for extra bases (one of which took place last Thursday, which is too early to make this week's list). In addition, he struck out 10 times. And finally, remember BA takes ceiling more into account than actual performance. He's never been a Top 10 guy in their eyes.

Helium Watch, maybe.

He didn't make it, but I honestly feel that his line is only a tier below Myers:

Myers line: .667/.720/.857 (14-for-21), 5 R, 4 2B, 2 RBIs, 3 BB, 2 SO
Dixon's line: .518/.607/.631 (14-for-27) 7 R, 1 2B, 8 RBIs, 5 BB, 9 SO

Clearly Myers had a better weak overall, but I think Dixon should have been on the list.

If we are going be ceiling, Dixon has one of the highest in the minors (raw and toolsy personified).

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
MaineMule said:
......what to do with this.....???[center:34z30bip]Dixonauto.jpg[/center:34z30bip]

...wow is that every blurry, sorry......

....just discovered I still have this card......not a prospector so all reasonable offers considered. Sorry for posting on the baseball board.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
the question now is will he make significant progress this year and be one of the top A's prospects. Imagine the competition in this family--Brother Anthony Dixon. Mom is smiling.

Jan 15, 2009
Blue Hodges Reverend said:
the question now is will he make significant progress this year and be one of the top A's prospects. Imagine the competition in this family--Brother Anthony Dixon. Mom is smiling.
His other brother is Deshun Dixon in the Rays minor league system.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
GiantsSuperCollector said:

did not know that.

Jan 15, 2009
[quote="Blue Hodges Reverend":1jfzcs1r]the question now is will he make significant progress this year and be one of the top A's prospects. Imagine the competition in this family--Brother Anthony Dixon. Mom is smiling.

did not know that.[/quote:1jfzcs1r]
Pretty sure he also has a 4th brother in high school, can't remember if Rashun told me that or not.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
[quote="Blue Hodges Reverend":1cuni545]the question now is will he make significant progress this year and be one of the top A's prospects. Imagine the competition in this family--Brother Anthony Dixon. Mom is smiling.

did not know that.
Pretty sure he also has a 4th brother in high school, can't remember if Rashun told me that or not.[/quote:1cuni545]

I hope he does very well. I have a huge stash of Limited Phenoms and DEEE's of him. I think I also have about 10 Contenders autos of him

bballstar029

Aug 10, 2008
Are the leaf limited phenoms worth anything? I see someone said they were unannounced and very rare. I've got one, and never knew it was anything special.

Jeff

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
bballstar029 said:
Are the leaf limited phenoms worth anything? I see someone said they were unannounced and very rare. I've got one, and never knew it was anything special.

Jeff

I think it books for 10 jeff.

Members online

Latest posts