Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should I Cause a Stir About this? Or No?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dannyboy19

Feb 6, 2010
Massachusetts
Recently purchased an item on eBay for my personal collection. The item was framed, but the seller's description mentioned that he could ship it without the frame from nearly $20 less. I had my own frame lying around here so I decided to purchase it without the frame. The item is a "16x20" autographed poster. Well, I received the poster in the mail today only to find it a tad wrinkled and also some brownish stains near the bottom of it. These stains show up because the poster has a white background. The stains aren't large and most likely they will be covered by the frame I put it in. Would you cause a stir about this? He didn't mention it in his listing. On top of that, the item isn't a "16x20"...more like a "16x18.5" as well....what would you do? I paid $50 + $7 shipping...it might help if i post pictures if some of you are interested..

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
I'd probably ask for a partial refund of some sort. I bought a Schilling auto #/5 for my PC and when it arrived, it had a little crease across the card in a small area. The seller gave me some of my money back because I still wanted to keep it.

dannyboy19

Feb 6, 2010
Massachusetts
No you can't see the damage from the auction photos....item description doesn't mention it is in "perfect condition" either...but I have to assume it is right? Unless otherwise stated?

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Here's the question...when you reframe it, will that damage show? If not, then it's no big deal.

Had you had him ship with the frame (intending to keep it that way), you'd probably never know the damage was there...

I guess I look at this way, when you bid, you were bidding on the picture and frame (I'd assume), and that frame there did not show any damage - or any damage was covered by the frame. My guess is that you intend to display it in the frame...so I don't see the big deal if you can't see the damage that way.

EDIT: He probably also had no idea there was damage there because he'd had it in the frame the whole time.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
schillingfan said:
I'd probably ask for a partial refund of some sort. I bought a Schilling auto #/5 for my PC and when it arrived, it had a little crease across the card in a small area. The seller gave me some of my money back because I still wanted to keep it.

I hate people that ask for a partial refund. You either want the item at x dollars or you don't want it at x dollars. If it was a BIN, maybe I can understand but in an open auction, that just seems silly. Send it back, and you can rebid on it at the price you think it should go for. What if the next bidder would've been comfortable paying that price minus one bid?

If a seller doesn't give a partial refund, he shouldn't be knocked around on eBay especially if he's offering a full refund.

Members online

Latest posts