Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

One of the coolest days in my baseball life - long read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I will try to keep this short :)

To start the day I went to the national for 4 hours. Got to meet a bunch of the FCB crew which was really cool. I also picked up 4 really good boxes of 2009 bcdp which included a borchering gold auto, chad james gold auto, matzek xfractor auto among others.

I also was able to add some reallý nice starlin castro stuff to my stash :)

As awesome as the national was, the day got much cooler.

One of my friends works for the Orioles, she asked us to meet her at the Orioles offices at 4:00.

She took us upstairs and handed us our tickets, right behind home plate. She then proceeded to introduce us to the head of baseball ops, the scouting director, the head of player development, and then Andy Mcphail! They were all extremely cool and I enjoyed talking with them.

Then we headed towards the field and once we got under the stadium hawk harrelson came right up behind us. We then went onto the field for about an hour watching batting practice. We got to meet josh bell, and then ozzie guillen! Ozzie was really cool, it was actually the second time I met him, very cool.

So the game was great, we had a really good time. We then went to the hilton where my friends are staying along with where the white sox are staying. One of my buddies is friends with the Sox traveling secretary. So we hung out in the lobby for about an hour before heading to the bar. Then the action started. First we saw Ben Mcdonald, then freddy garcia, dayan viciedo, ramon castro, and the one that truly truly truly got me excited - FRANK THOMAS!!!!

Holy cow is frank a freaking monster still. He was taking pictures, shaking hands, smiling and having a great time. That was a thrill.

We then headed off to the bar and I am trying to cure my hangover.

I will get all my stuff scanned when I get back in town.

What a great day!!!!!!

Skrip

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Now you know man, if there are no pictures of the Stadium and the bar then this really did not happen. ;)

Seems you had a nice time anyway, :D

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Hahaha, thanks all! It truly was a great day. Being around the game still makes me feel like a little kid and makes me realize how lucky I was to have a short stint with LAA. The wifey and I are having some lunch by the harbor, working off these hangovers :)

Skrip

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Damn, sounds like a great day. I'd love to meet Frank Thomas. I wish I could have gone to Baltimore this year, but I'm anxiously awaiting Chicago next year!

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
ballerskrip said:
Hahaha, thanks all! It truly was a great day. Being around the game still makes me feel like a little kid and makes me realize how lucky I was to have a short stint with LAA. The wifey and I are having some lunch by the harbor, working off these hangovers :)

Skrip

Speaking of "the wifey", I noticed at the game last night that there was some sort of big board shout-out (I think it was a Happy Birthday but I forget the first name) that read "Happy Birthday ___ Skripsky"...

I immediately thought to myself, "is it possible that ballerskrip put that up since he might be in town for the National?" and then dismissed the idea as being absurd, realizing that I spend too much time on FCB.

Well, in light of your friend in the O's front office, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it must have been from you!

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Yes! That was for my wife, it was her birthday on thursday! I am assuming you were at the game and saw that! That was a first for either of us :). She loved it...score one for skrip :)

Matt

JEA2880 said:
ballerskrip said:

Skrip

Speaking of "the wifey", I noticed at the game last night that there was some sort of big board shout-out (I think it was a Happy Birthday but I forget the first name) that read "Happy Birthday ___ Skripsky"...

I immediately thought to myself, "is it possible that ballerskrip put that up since he might be in town for the National?" and then dismissed the idea as being absurd, realizing that I spend too much time on FCB.

Well, in light of your friend in the O's front office, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it must have been from you!

Members online