Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sportscard market.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gldneagles311

Aug 10, 2008
N. Bergen, NJ
I am looking to downsize my card collection, with an exception of a few (mainly because I am trying to move out of Florida and plane tix for job interviews are not cheap).

My guestion is: GENERALLY, how are cards selling right now? This goes for cards in general...not just Buster Posey, A-Rod auto's, the spectrum of refractors (which I know are big sellers)...

I'm off to work and will check back from time to time and I really would appreciate the input....thanks in advance.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
cgilmo said:
as is ALWAYS the case

It depends on what you have. There is a revival of rare 90's inserts of star players right now, this would be a good time to dump those.

I probably shouldn't sending all of those out in free packages, should I...

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Jeff N. said:
cgilmo said:
as is ALWAYS the case

It depends on what you have. There is a revival of rare 90's inserts of star players right now, this would be a good time to dump those.

I probably shouldn't sending all of those out in free packages, should I...

bah

you are a partner at a large lawfirm

I say, those with deep pockets should send the best gifts!

gldneagles311

Aug 10, 2008
N. Bergen, NJ
thanks for the replies!

I started collecting after a 12 year break, so i missed the 90's inserts. i have mainly prospects and some star patch/autos

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
To get the most out of your cards you will have a better chance selling current players stars/prospects during spring training or at the beginning of the season. If you are getting rid of Hofer or retired player stuff you can sell it anytime as the price will not change no matter what. Its always hit and miss. Because the Market is not as good as it should be, selling you current players now is risky but with ebay you never know. I would wait till spring training as your percentages go up that you will get a few more bucks and if it doesnt you will just have to live with it as you sold it at the best time (IMO) possible and nothing you can do about the ending price. Good luck!!

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
If you want to PM me a list of all your A-Rod auto and patches, I would gladly take a look and try to work something out with you.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
i have been picking up miggy autos at 10 dollars dlvd per for a while now, he is mostly what i collect so from that id say the market is down :lol:

edwards_everything

Aug 7, 2008
gldneagles311 said:
I am looking to downsize my card collection, with an exception of a few (mainly because I am trying to move out of Florida and plane tix for job interviews are not cheap).

Why do you have to pay for plane tickets? The firm that is recruiting you should pay for the ticket, hotel, taxi, etc. I've never worked for a company that made the prospective candidates pay for travel to and from interviews. Maybe out of pocket - but always got reimbursed.

As for your main question - pretty much agree with what everyone else said.

Members online