Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

8/8 MLB Thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Halladay-Dickey is probably the best pitching match-up of the day.

Like back in the day, the Giants-Braves is on TBS this afternoon.

Latos and B. Wood both pitching this afternoon.

And can someone please tell me why Napoli is sitting again? I don't get it. I know his average is down and he doesn't EVER walk, but still...Very confusing, to an outsider 3000 miles away. :?

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
I love when the Brewers farm system stacks 4 first round starters at 4 different levels for the sole reason of my listening pleasure.
Yovani Gallardo (MLB), Mark Rogers (AA), Kyle Heckathorn (A+), and Jake Odorizzi (A).

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The Diety (7) and CarGo (25) continue their hot weeks.

And the Mets ran all over the Phils in the first to go up 2-0. Reyes was THISCLOSE to being out twice, but did score.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Porcello on for his first Major League win in a couple months...combination of bad pitching, crummy relief, and a triple-A stint and it's been since May 23rd that he last picked up a W. Robbie Weinhardt sucks though, if he's pitching another inning I wouldn't be surprised to see the lead vanish.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Is that Chris Young in the new Old Spice commercials..lol?

old-spice-guy.jpg

c-young1-292x300.jpg

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm lovin' the call-up of Lorenzo Cain so far. The bottom of the Brewers line-up today looks like the recent history of my home-team prospecting ventures :) Lorenzo Cain, Alcides Escobar, and Jonathan Lucroy.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
I really thought the Esmil Rogers start was going to be a debacle, but not so bad, with three earned (four total). The off-day should give the bullpen the rest, but at what cost? The offense we've displayed, these past two days?
We are horrible in NY; as are the Mets in Coors, but let's see what we can do.

Edit: CarGo's a beast. It's time to sell, Sean_C! ;)

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Was checking Moseley's AAA stats just for ***** and giggles. He sure gets a lot of K's for not being a power pitcher. Look at these back to back starts before he was called up.

7IP 3H 2R 2ER 2BB 10K
7IP 3H 1R ER 0BB 10K

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Will there ever be another popular finesse pitcher in baseball? Like Maddux?
If he performs like Maddux, he'll get noticed. Webb might have been on the way before getting injured.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Chris Carter was removed from his game with Triple-A Sacramento without injury in the fourth inning on Sunday.
It's not hard to put two and two together, here. Daric Barton left Sunday's game with left shoulder spasms. If Oakland needs a replacement for any length of time, the slugging prospect Carter would likely be that guy. Carter was recently moved to the outfield to give him more options for future playing time, but he is a natural first baseman. He's crushing the ball at Triple-A and may be within a few hours of a promotion.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Porcello on for his first Major League win in a couple months...combination of bad pitching, crummy relief, and a triple-A stint and it's been since May 23rd that he last picked up a W. Robbie Weinhardt sucks though, if he's pitching another inning I wouldn't be surprised to see the lead vanish.

And Porcello got the win, hooray.

I'm starting to really like following Marlins games, they have an exciting young group that I think will make them a very good team in a couple years. Sad to see the game postponed today.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
AKA Coastal said:
Redsox are making Moseley look like Greg Maddux tonight..lol.

I'm trying to decide which pitcher is more of a head case...

Josh Beckett or AJ Burnett?

Both get spooked so easily when something goes wrong. Beckett's curve ball was working well early on. Then he go tagged by Tex and it was all over.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts