Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some Good Wood at Wrigley today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Brandon Wood is gonna try it again. He's only allowed a walk thru 5 at Chicago.

It's hard to believe any rookie has ever had two games like that in the same season.

We'll see...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I guess the Angels fans are mad 'cuz they thought they got rid of him and the Reds fans are mad 'cuz I probably cursed him.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
gt2590 said:
I guess the Angels fans are mad 'cuz they thought they got rid of him and the Reds fans are mad 'cuz I probably cursed him.

I don't think anyone cares.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
You are confusing the crap out of me. Are you talking about the angels brandon wood, or the reds travis wood? Or are you mixing them together cluelessly?

Travis wood has been great this year since his callup....

Skrip

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Yes, TRAVIS Wood is what I meant.

He almost had a Perfect game earlier this year against the Phils but his offense couldn't score off Halladay. What a year!

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
I was at the game (first ever at Wrigley) and the Cubs were awful. They were so bad in the field that we really didn't care/pay attention that they were getting no hit. Wood pitched very well the first half of the game. It got so symbolically bad for the Cubs that the 1 guy in a Joey Votto jersey caught the practice ball that Marlon Byrd chucked in the stands in the 5th. There were seriously 400 Blue shirts and then that guy. Byrd's reaction was great. He gave dude the death stare than cracked up. All of us were yelling throw it back. Fun times in the Bleachers at Wrigley. No baseball experience like it.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
topprospectalert said:
I was at the game (first ever at Wrigley) and the Cubs were awful. They were so bad in the field that we really didn't care/pay attention that they were getting no hit. Wood pitched very well the first half of the game. It got so symbolically bad for the Cubs that the 1 guy in a Joey Votto jersey caught the practice ball that Marlon Byrd chucked in the stands in the 5th. There were seriously 400 Blue shirts and then that guy. Byrd's reaction was great. He gave dude the death stare than cracked up. All of us were yelling throw it back. Fun times in the Bleachers at Wrigley. No baseball experience like it.

Holy crap you must be old... first ever game a Wrigley Field? Marlon Byrd must have been playing there a few years... he should think about retirement soon

Members online