Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Hall Of Fame Induction Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cano collector

Apr 8, 2010
We saw a TON of people there for obvious reasons with Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice headlining the 2010 HOF Class.
We went into the HOF but it was so crowded we didn't get to see anywhere close to everything.
I went into the gift shop and Harry Carson and Jim Parker were signing autos outside the store. I went in to get a few programs and a HOF Mini but the lines took forever! By the time I got thru they were both gone so that was a little depressing. However it would not ruin my day.
I am working backwards here because the start of my day will never be equalled (Sports Wise) to me. I floated all day and night long.

Anyhow, I digress...

I walk into the vendors tent and as I was this guy was like HOLY S*&(! Putting on a signed Eric Dickerson jersey and I thought what a tool he was for wearing it.
Anyhow, I walk in the tent ant to my left I see Eris Dickerson standing behind a vendors table. This guy makes Limited Edition figures and was there signing his Canton Bulldogs figure. They are all limited to only 500 anyhow, but when you bought the figure, Eric Dickerson signed the bottom of it as well.

Here is me with the figure, the artist and HOFer Eric Dickerson with my signed figure:
016.jpg

Then, I walk down to the other end of the tent and there stands none other than Gale Sayers signing autographs for $10 and then $10 to have a photo taken with him with proceeds going to his foundation.

Here ya go:
019.jpg
018.jpg

020.jpg

Now to the start of my day:
I wanted to meet my childhood idol who was being inducted. I am sure you can figure out who that was from the pictures above, LOL.
I get my ticket and to the tent with about 10 minutes left after standing in line for about an hour and 40 minutes to get my ticket.
With no further introduction:

022.jpg

Him Signing my figures base:
009.jpg

Me knocking one of my bucket list and meeting my All Time Favorite Player:
010.jpg

Here's a better picture of the signed figure.
068.jpg

Like I said, it was the greatest days I ever had in Sports.

I have a few Tim Tebow HOF exclusives that Panini had with purchases as well, but I have not had time to scan them.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I almost lost my mind and called you the biggest moron ever but the next picture showed that your figure was actually pretty amazing. Did you paint that? Anyways, I can think of one thing that I'd hate more than someone getting a Jerry Rice Raiders figurine signed and that's a Jerry Rice Broncos figurine.

If you would've met Barry Sanders, you would've met the four best football players of all time. Not talking career but rather who was simply the best at their peak. Brown and Tomlinson might have beef, probably OJ too, but Dickerson, Sayers, and Rice were simply god-like during their absolute peak.

cano collector

Apr 8, 2010
I painted the figure 2 years ago and made the base this week because the one it comes with was all off center and was made to look like grass so it would have been hard to sign. The figure was originally a white jersey raiders figure so I did the whole thing in a different design.

Sanders was not around and actually I do not remember them calling his name during introductions so I do not think he even showed up.

I had a great time and wanted to share with everyone. I hope every football fan at one point gets to experience induction day in Canton. You would never be disappointed.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
GREAT POST!!!! :cool:

Love the Jerry Rice figure how hes changing from a 49er to a Raider, id love to have one of those for my collection!!

Congrats on the big day and thanks for sharing the pictures, very cool.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Yesterday was my first induction and overall I was pleased w/ the experience. I wasn't able to make it to the tents as the Hall closed the road behind the stadium but it looks like you had a great time! What time were you getting those autos at?

How did you get your picture w/ Rice? I was going to get Smith's auto but the price was very high and the HOF site said pictures were not allowed. I think its awesome that you were able to get your picture w/ him though.

cano collector

Apr 8, 2010
Slette said:
Cool stuff, but man, you gotta smile for that camera!

Had I known before they took them I would have. I never knew they were ready until I saw the flash go off. Plus, I am too intense to smile, LOL

cano collector

Apr 8, 2010
dfr52 said:
Yesterday was my first induction and overall I was pleased w/ the experience. I wasn't able to make it to the tents as the Hall closed the road behind the stadium but it looks like you had a great time! What time were you getting those autos at?

How did you get your picture w/ Rice? I was going to get Smith's auto but the price was very high and the HOF site said pictures were not allowed. I think its awesome that you were able to get your picture w/ him though.

I got those autos of Sayers and Dickerson in the vendors tent before they closed the roads down.

As for the picture with Rice, I was shocked too because of what the web site said. He made sure every person who paid to get his autograph got a picture with him. If you remember his speech he spoke some about people getting autographs and them getting pictures with him. He was just as classy there as he was playing. I doubt that Mounted Memories was going to tell Jerry Rice you are not allowed to take pics with your fans and that was something he did on his own. I am not sure if any others did that, but from everything I have heard about Emmitt, I doubt he did it for the fans who got his auto. He even cut his auto session short where Rice stayed past 2pm to make sure everyone who got their ticket BOUGHT by 2pm got an auto.

cano collector

Apr 8, 2010
mstng99tim said:
That figure is really nice!!! Congrats on having on helluva day!!! Did he say anything to you about the figure?

He said it was really cool and asked me if I made it. I told him I did and he said I did a great job and he really liked it and had never seen anything like it. (Obviously, but who was I to say that to my idol, LOL) He was really a very humble person to each and every person there.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
cano collector said:
dfr52 said:

I got those autos of Sayers and Dickerson in the vendors tent before they closed the roads down.

As for the picture with Rice, I was shocked too because of what the web site said. He made sure every person who paid to get his autograph got a picture with him. If you remember his speech he spoke some about people getting autographs and them getting pictures with him. He was just as classy there as he was playing. I doubt that Mounted Memories was going to tell Jerry Rice you are not allowed to take pics with your fans and that was something he did on his own. I am not sure if any others did that, but from everything I have heard about Emmitt, I doubt he did it for the fans who got his auto. He even cut his auto session short where Rice stayed past 2pm to make sure everyone who got their ticket BOUGHT by 2pm got an auto.

Wow, that was very classy of Rice. Thanks for letting me know about Smith, I'm not disappointed about my decision any more. I'm glad some legends try to make their meetings w/ fans special.

cano collector

Apr 8, 2010
pigskincardboard said:
I almost lost my mind and called you the biggest moron ever but the next picture showed that your figure was actually pretty amazing. Did you paint that? Anyways, I can think of one thing that I'd hate more than someone getting a Jerry Rice Raiders figurine signed and that's a Jerry Rice Broncos figurine.

I can think of another one, A Jerry Rice Seachickens figure, YUCK! I actually have one a friend did a long time ago that is Rice in his Mississippi Valley State uniform. That would have been my second choice to get signed. I already have a throwback 49ers RC style jersey of him signed and a GU 75th Anniversary Football so I wanted something unique.

cano collector

Apr 8, 2010
dfr52 said:
cano collector said:
dfr52 said:

Wow, that was very classy of Rice. Thanks for letting me know about Smith, I'm not disappointed about my decision any more. I'm glad some legends try to make their meetings w/ fans special.

With what he was charging for a flat auto and then $189 for HOF'10 should have been a key on how Emmitt was, at least to me it was. I thought it was a slap in the face of every fan who ever supported him, especially in these economic times and being inducted to the HOF.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
cano collector said:
dfr52 said:
[quote="cano collector":367vknzf]
dfr52 said:

With what he was charging for a flat auto and then $189 for HOF'10 should have been a key on how Emmitt was, at least to me it was. I thought it was a slap in the face of every fan who ever supported him, especially in these economic times and being inducted to the HOF.[/quote:367vknzf]

Yea, his prices for an auto and an inscription kept me away. I like the player but the guy tries to get every dollar he can for his signature. That's why I'm glad Rice stayed longer and took pictures w/ his fans.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
dfr52 said:
cano collector said:
dfr52 said:
[quote="cano collector":2j24wv5f]
dfr52 said:

With what he was charging for a flat auto and then $189 for HOF'10 should have been a key on how Emmitt was, at least to me it was. I thought it was a slap in the face of every fan who ever supported him, especially in these economic times and being inducted to the HOF.

Yea, his prices for an auto and an inscription kept me away. I like the player but the guy tries to get every dollar he can for his signature. That's why I'm glad Rice stayed longer and took pictures w/ his fans.[/quote:2j24wv5f]
I'll never understand why players don't charge a little less, because if they charge less, more than likely more people will be willing to then get the auto and the player will make that money back and then some.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
mstng99tim said:
dfr52 said:
cano collector said:
dfr52 said:
[quote="cano collector":1xoge2c4]
dfr52 said:

Yea, his prices for an auto and an inscription kept me away. I like the player but the guy tries to get every dollar he can for his signature. That's why I'm glad Rice stayed longer and took pictures w/ his fans.
I'll never understand why players don't charge a little less, because if they charge less, more than likely more people will be willing to then get the auto and the player will make that money back and then some.[/quote:1xoge2c4]

Very true. Smith could charge alot less but make it up due to the large volume of requests he would receive.

Members online