Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Quick Ebay "What would you do?"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quenepa22

Aug 21, 2008
Orlando
Auction link.....[ebay:39kicq3a]280539894295[/ebay:39kicq3a]

Buyer just received this card and wants all of what was in the picture. The auction was just for the SP Game Used card. The auction description is clear and this was the only picture I had of the item.

Is a buyer really able to blackmail a seller for not reading an item description?

Buyer's email : i would appreciate the other 2 cards that i thought i was getting. u did not specify that only the one card was all i was getting. false advertisement = bad feedback!!!!

DSC01640.jpg

I have not responded, but, I am ready to advise the buyer that they are out of luck as the other cards were not part of the auction as they were not in the item description!

What would you do?

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
are you worried about the neg? I would offer a refund and keep the cards. It clearly states what you are selling. Sounds like the buyer thought they were getting a deal.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
boxbreaker44 said:
should have really just cropped out the other cards which would of took all of 2 mins.

Agree. I dislike gang scans and when I do bid on gang scan items often end up getting them for less than expected due to poor image quality (though not the case here). The other option is to state something akin to "you are only bidding on the card on the far right of the scan".

If the other two cards didn't sell (and I assume they are cheap) then I'd simply send them with the primary card. If they were sold elsewhere then I'd offer a refund then clean up my listing act.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
f2tornado said:
boxbreaker44 said:
should have really just cropped out the other cards which would of took all of 2 mins.

Agree. I dislike gang scans and when I do bid on gang scan items often end up getting them for less than expected due to poor image quality (though not the case here). The other option is to state something akin to "you are only bidding on the card on the far right of the scan".

If the other two cards didn't sell (and I assume they are cheap) then I'd simply send them with the primary card. If they were sold elsewhere then I'd offer a refund then clean up my listing act.

Agree, I would never use gang scans for eBay listings. If you have to, be sure to clarify in the description exactly what the listing is for.

That said, it never states that the other two cards are included. The buyer is wrong to assume that he would receive two cards not included in the listing (especially without asking the seller) but in the future, don't use gang scans because then problems like this don't exist.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Ok My take is this, in the description that is for 1 card since it is the only one listed, I would not do anything
just kindly explain that in the info box it only listed one item and you got the item you bought.

Now as for the gang scan as some have called it. I to hate it but sometimes I actually like these since, it is a way to know what else they may have for sale, without clicking on the sellers other items, because sometimes I have to go through a ton of stuff to see what else I maybe interested in buying from them. I always look at their other stuff too. But if there is a gang scan I first check and see if it is a lot sale, if not I then type in the name of the other card and see if in fact it is being sold in another auction and then I will bid or buy if I want to.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
f2tornado said:
boxbreaker44 said:

I totally disagree. How hard is it to see 9 cards in a scan and realize that you're bidding on the one listed in the title?

everyone wants something for nothing. The seller did nothing wrong.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Thats called feedback extortion, now that the toolbag did that you can pretty much do what you please since ebay will remove the strike since he is threatening you with it.

Offer the idiot a full refund once you get the card and move on. Dont give him the other cards since these dopes will continue this new trend of begging for more cards with group scans.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Here is a simple question that you can take from what you will....

If you had simply shown a scan of only what you were selling, would this have happened?

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Sir, after purchasing your 1985 Toyota Camery, I was curious as to why you didn't include the house the Camery was pictured in front of. You didn't state that the house wasn't included and thus, false advertising.

False Advertising = Bad Feedback.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
matfanofold said:

If you had simply shown a scan of only what you were selling, would this have happened?

Seller shouldn't have to dumb down his listing and take more time to sell a piddly $3 card to indiviually scan each item because people are insanely stupid.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
Jeff N. said:
f2tornado said:
boxbreaker44 said:

I totally disagree. How hard is it to see 9 cards in a scan and realize that you're bidding on the one listed in the title?

everyone wants something for nothing. The seller did nothing wrong.

Exactly. At some point, the buyer has to take a little responsibility for not being a complete idiot.

I suppose if someone was selling a car and happened to catch their house in the background, the seller should just throw it in to make the buyer happy?

The listing was entirely clear about what the buyer was getting, and he's now blackmailing you because he's a *********.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Jeff N. said:
matfanofold said:

Seller shouldn't have to dumb down his listing and take more time to sell a piddly $3 card to indiviually scan each item because people are insanely stupid.

I agree, but you did not answer the question.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
matfanofold said:

I think this has much more to do with the buyer being a useless tool than with the 'gang scan'.

My guess is that if the seller had just scanned the Pujols, the buyer would have come back with the old 'dinged corner, partial refund' routine.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
maxpower said:
matfanofold said:

I think this has much more to do with the buyer being a useless tool than with the 'gang scan'.

My guess is that if the seller had just scanned the Pujols, the buyer would have come back with the old 'dinged corner, partial refund' routine.

I agree, but the ladder is assumption. We can only discuss what did happen.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Like Pine Tar hinted, I will do group scans to hopefully get a buyer to say "Oh, I could use that card also, so I will bid on it too".

Nowhere does the seller mention the other two cards.

I wouldn't worry about the auction, just block the bidder and go on your merry way.

cardsrmytherapy

May 14, 2010
Hi Everyone...IMO, in order to salvage the low feedback you have and save face, you need to refund the money.

Once you refund the money, post the guys name on here so I can add him to my DO-NOT-BID list.

Hopefully, once you've done this the guy will reconsider leaving a neg. If he does, your only recourse is to leave a rebuttal and try to refute the feedback through e-bay. With your low feedback, one negative would KILL your rating.

Consider it a lesson learned "on the cheap".

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Buyer's email : i would appreciate the other 2 cards that i thought i was getting. u did not specify that only the one card was all i was getting. false advertisement = bad feedback!!!!
Id love to know whwre you stated anything about tripple threads?

Year: 2004
Card Manufacturer: Upper Deck

2004 UPPERDECK SP GAME USED PATCH EDITION

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I'd just give the joker a refund upon him returning the card. I really think there are people out there who look for things like this.

With that said, if you're going to do group scans like that, it would only be in your best interest to put a quick sentence in there somewhere that says, "You're only bidding on the card in the title" or something to that effect. Once it's there, if you keep using the same template each time, you don't have to worry about it again. It'll save you from headaches like this guy.

Quenepa22

Aug 21, 2008
Orlando
Thanks to all who responded.

This kid or very stupid adult is going to have to learn the hard way. I am not playing games like this and I will not give in "negative or else" demands!

For those of you who would like to block this buyer....

lita10

Here is the response I sent the buyer...
The auction description clearly states "2004 UPPERDECK SP GAME USED PATCH EDITION
ALBERT PUJOLS #'d 019/194"

I did not falsely advertise what was for sale.

The info in the item description is clear and concise. I held an auction for that item, you won that auction and paid for the item and you received the item you bought.

The other two cards were not part of the auction, therefore they were not sent.

There is a reason that auctions have item descriptions and you should read them thoroughly and ask questions before bidding/winning an auction.

Thank you

Members online

No members online now.