Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Gonzalez cards are smoking hot.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
I started collecting him about a month before the all star game. I am glad he is hitting so well, I just wish I could have picked up a few more of his cards before they started to sky rocket.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
CubsFan13 said:
I started collecting him about a month before the all star game. I am glad he is hitting so well, I just wish I could have picked up a few more of his cards before they started to sky rocket.
Hell if you got them I would sell some and get an card you know cost a little bit more. Like a killer auto/gu of his and even graded a 9.5 with a 10 auto.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Who the hell pays that much for a non-autographed base refractor?

I've never owned a thing of Gonzalez and I love seeing this kind of money spent on non-autographed cards, but wow.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
JoshB. said:
His home/away stats are ridiculous: .375 15 HR at home and .269 5 HR away. Extremely overrated if you ask me.

Your numbers must be off because he now has 25 homeruns, your numbers total 20.....I think you are overated as a mathmetician.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
ballerskrip said:
JoshB. said:
His home/away stats are ridiculous: .375 15 HR at home and .269 5 HR away. Extremely overrated if you ask me.

Your numbers must be off because he now has 25 homeruns, your numbers total 20.....I think you are overated as a mathmetician.

He has 19 at home and he hit his 6th road home run today.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
JoshB. said:

His walks could be an issue going forward as well. His walk rate has fallen 50% since last year!

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Codasco07 said:
JoshB. said:

His walks could be an issue going forward as well. His walk rate has fallen 50% since last year!

Guys, this is his first full year in the big leagues, cut the kid a break. Why do "we" always try to find the negative in every player? The dude is having a phenomenal year and has loads of talent, why not leave it at that?

Skrip

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
i picked up a Threads auto /975 of his at the National for $3. Got a Brandon Morrow SP auto from the same dealer for the same price too. Turning out to be $6 well spent! I'd gladly trade both of them for a 2008 Heritage black of Gonzalez though - only need about 8 to finish off that set.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
He is really a joy to watch at the plate. Those teams who dealt him away are probably kicking themselves right now.

@ Skrip's comments about JoshB. being an overrated mathmetician - :lol: :lol: good stuff!

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
ballerskrip said:
Codasco07 said:
JoshB. said:

Guys, this is his first full year in the big leagues, cut the kid a break. Why do "we" always try to find the negative in every player? The dude is having a phenomenal year and has loads of talent, why not leave it at that?

Skrip

That's part of good analysis. I agree that he's a good player and shows a lot of promise, but he's got some flaws in his game. No player is ever as good as he is when he's hot nor as bad as when he's in a slump.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Personally, I'm glad to see it. I've never understood why second year autographed cards are selling for as much as if not more than the player's first card.

I know this sounds a bit weird (and maybe egotistical), but I've wondered if my holding onto his 1 of 1 rookie cards has actually hurt the market somewhat. Normally when a player gets hot, and his best possible cards sell for crazy $, it has a trickle down effect on the rest of his cards.

AKA Coastal said:
Some crazy prices for unsigned bowman chrome parallels. Nice to see non-autographed cards demanding these kind of prices. Who was the last player to bring these kind of prices to non-auto'd BC stuff?

$156 '05 Bowman Chrome Refractor
$340 BGS 9.5 '05 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor
$120 '05 Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor
$150 BGS 9.5 '05 Bowman Chrome Green Refractor

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
When does Billy Beane begin to look like a fool. He gets all this praise but he's done some stupid deals. The A's could have Either and Gonzalez right now

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
Sean_C said:
Personally, I'm glad to see it. I've never understood why second year autographed cards are selling for as much as if not more than the player's first card.

I know this sounds a bit weird (and maybe egotistical), but I've wondered if my holding onto his 1 of 1 rookie cards has actually hurt the market somewhat. Normally when a player gets hot, and his best possible cards sell for crazy $, it has a trickle down effect on the rest of his cards.

[quote="AKA Coastal":3c93gd4o]Some crazy prices for unsigned bowman chrome parallels. Nice to see non-autographed cards demanding these kind of prices. Who was the last player to bring these kind of prices to non-auto'd BC stuff?

$156 '05 Bowman Chrome Refractor
$340 BGS 9.5 '05 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor
$120 '05 Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor
$150 BGS 9.5 '05 Bowman Chrome Green Refractor
[/quote:3c93gd4o]

Have you thought about selling your superfractors?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts