Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The National, the beach, the driving...oh my.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Brief Itinerary of less than a week.
1. Drive 5+ hours to beach, get in at 3:00am.
2. Drive 2+ hours to Baltimore for National at 6 am.
3. Spend Thursday at National cutting up a ton of FCB printing plates.
4. Go to Orioles game, cheer for Angels while getting booed.
5. Stay up too late.
6. Third person to arrive at FCB booth.
7. Forget most of Friday.
8. Drive 2+ hours back to beach, get in at 11:00pm.
9. Drive 5+ hours back to Raleigh.
10. Attend meeting Monday morning.
11. Drive 5+ hours back to beach.
12. To be continued.

So the process still continues, but let me say what others have been saying, as usual, the National was a blast. One of the nicest parts about it is meeting the members whom we've "known" for years online and finally being able to put a face to the name.

I wish I could have been there all of the days, but scheduling got crazy for me as it closed in on the time frame.

Next year should be a blast in Chicago, my old stomping ground. I think my first National there was before most of this board was alive.

To anyone who can make it, the camaraderie makes it worthwhile.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Chicago's one of my favourite places in the world. Maybe I'll catch a quick flight in and blue-line it down. Where do they normally hold these conventions? Near the airport or in the heart of the City?

God, their transit system makes Toronto's look like a joke.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
pigskincardboard said:
Chicago's one of my favourite places in the world. Maybe I'll catch a quick flight in and blue-line it down. Where do they normally hold these conventions? Near the airport or in the heart of the City?

In 08 it was in Rosemont at the convention center, about half an hour outside of the city.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
pigskincardboard said:

In 08 it was in Rosemont at the convention center, about half an hour outside of the city.

I would guess it would be there again. When I was living in Chicago almost all convention type things were held there. Along with anything big that didn't already have it's own stadium.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I hope to catch Chicago's next year... I am not ruling it out by any means. I want to stop by the FCB table. FCB should set up at TwinsFest! There are plenty of MN members that attend each year...

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
I am hoping that the boys and I can make it next year also. It would be great to meet more FCB members face-to-face and get the kids to the National.

Your week sounds about like a 2-week period I had a few years ago. From KY to LA to NYC to PA to KY in two weeks. Lol

David

Latest posts