Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bowman vs Bowman Chrome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

voteEjordan

Jul 10, 2010
Washington DC
Newbie question here...

Why do 2010 Bowman boxes sell for so much more than 2010 Bowman Chrome presale?

Is it because chrome is still presale, and prices will rise closer to release? Or is it because you get fewer cards in a chrome box?

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
The very first existence of Stephen Strasburg autograph rookie card by Bowman... That rakes in big buckaroos!

A lot of hot commodities such as Harper, Machado, Taillon, Wil Myers and etc...

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
excel_B said:
The very first existence of Stephen Strasburg autograph rookie card by Bowman... That rakes in big buckaroos!

A lot of hot commodities such as Harper, Machado, Taillon, Wil Myers and etc...

I think a big part of why they jumped in price was because base and chrome cards (not hits...BASE) of Strasburg were selling for $25-$50 at one point, and Harpers were going for $15-$25.

When you can pull two base cards and get about $75 for them, I think it's safe to say the product is going to be hot.

Bowman Chrome may end up being a good product, but I don't think it'll offer anything like that.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it is not Strasburg alone. The checklist is simply solid and full of potential. But he is a HUGE majority of a reason why.

Personally, I wish he wasn't in there. The case/box price would be much lower and the investment potential would actually be better.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
To be honest, I kinda like the amount of time Topps is putting between the release of Bowman and Bowman Chrome this year. Strasburg certainly helps, but the amount of time is probably helping to drive more interest in the base product then the normal "wait till Chrome" process most collectors follow.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts