Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What % Of Your Collection Do You Intend To Sell At Any Point

What % Of Your Collect Will You Sell In The Future

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
What percent of your collection do you intend to make money on at some point in the future?

It seems like on FCB, the majority of people are yacking about prospects, flipping, and making some coin. So i'm curious as to what the actual numbers were:

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
I'd say around "10 to 24%". If the increase was significant, I would sell-off lesser parallels, or extra copies of rarer cards. I did this with my Ubaldo Jimenez collection, where I sold off everything, with the exception of anything numbered under 20. From a Bowman chrome perspective: I would sell-off anything orange-refractor, and under. Keeping reds, and superfractors.
At this moment, however, I only purchase very rare cards - 1/1s, and superfractors.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
76%-90% for me.

I enjoy the investing side of the hobby and decided that I really only want a PC that includes cards that I love or that mean something to me.

The way I see it, everything has a price. It's just that some things would take over current going rate or market price (some things WAY over) in order for me to move them.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
Probally 15%. I am a player collector as well, but I do buy prospects cheap that have a low risk/high reward. I usually sit on them for a cople of years and not all of them are rewarding. :lol: I bought a 2003 Bowmans Best Ryan Howard auto for 15 bucks back in 2004 but i decided to keep it in my PC. I should have sold it when they were getting $600.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I selected the 51% option. With over 3,000 differnt Andruw's and around another 6-7000 duplicate andruws, I'd love to get rid of some. Eventually I'll get around to making some player lots or selling to one of those 2-3 cent/card resellers.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
phillyfan0417 said:
I picked 100% but not for the reason listed. If a situation comes up where I'm forced to, nothing is PC.

I can assume that all of us would sell our cards to buy a kidney or something.

The question is when you buy them, are you explicitly planning on reselling them at some point.

G

Anyone who was up to 2 AM with me at the National knows what I voted.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
In terms of volume, probably 10%. In terms of value, probably 90%.

I probably have 400000 cards. Most of them are either commons (worthless) and star boxes (not totally worthless but not worth listing). I also have over 500 complete sets. Most are worthless or too much of a pain in the ass to remove from binders and sell.

Members online

Latest posts