Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Don't Do it!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don't let FCB become the old Beckett...

There has been a lot of hatred on these boards over the last month or so...
Maybe it comes from Razor, but I don't think so. I think people like to fight.
People like to take an opposing side and fight the fight for no other reason
than to have something to do. Childish remarks, petty jabs, and outright name calling
has got to stop. I love the hobby, and I love these boards. I like to find information
on here that you cant find in any books. The wealth of knowledge here is unmatched.
I enjoy talking with the true gentlemen of the hobby (Andrew) and being a part of the community.
I see people running contests (All In, Global) and people responding to the threads with not so much as a thank you, thanks for the opportunity, or thanks for the contest. Like its their right to enter. These generous people go out of their way to make these boards that much more enjoyable and there is no courtesy. I'll go one step further. People on these boards run contests, awards prizes, give free cards to, and never receive a PM or a thank you. How about "I got the cards, thanks so much"? Is it too hard to say thanks? I know it happens. Dom who runs the Birthday group can tell you.

I think we are losing it here. Lets put the fists down, show some courtesy,
and bring the "old" FCB back.......

Please,

Joe

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
and less negativity, was talking to some people at the natty, and most of them said this site is to negative.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
Jeff N. said:
School starts soon. It's all good.
Posts like these are why its going downhill. Thanks Amazin' I hope you don't get flamed or w.e on this post. I can agree with you, people look to jump on other people as some kind of entertainment...

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:

I don't think the "Razor Bashing" threads have anything to do with school...and if those threads are not the epitomy of negativity on these boards, I don't know what is.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
MarlinsManiac20 said:
Jeff N. said:
Posts like these are why its going downhill. ...

Jeff has a point. This used to happen a lot on the "old" Beckett site, too. A lot of younger posters aren't as mature as those of us over 40. (There are also a lot of immature over 30's on here, too. And a lot of mature 18 year olds too!) Can't be helped. People are people, and not all of them are brilliant, mature, knowledgeable, etc. When school starts up, many younger posters lose interest because they get involved in school and it takes all their time. I read a lot, post every so often, and yes, I have sent cards to people not expecting anything in return, and sometimes I have had stuff sent to me. I don't buy a lot of new stuff anymore, but I still like coming here to keep my finger on the pulse of the hobby. I think a lot of folks say (write) something in jest, and it doesn't come across that way, then the hating starts. I'm sure it happens on all on line communities.

FBC is worth sticking around for. Warts and all.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
MarlinsManiac20 said:
Jeff N. said:
Posts like these are why its going downhill. Thanks Amazin' I hope you don't get flamed or w.e on this post. I can agree with you, people look to jump on other people as some kind of entertainment...

So, me pointing out that school is starting soon and eliminating free time from some of our 12-17 year old members is why this board is going down hill?

Really?

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Sly said:
Jeff N. said:

I don't think the "Razor Bashing" threads have anything to do with school...and if those threads are not the epitomy of negativity on these boards, I don't know what is.

Amen.

Some of those razor bashers need to go back to school!

It got old before. Now it's just rotting and long dead flesh.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
Jeff N. said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":35f4tdv2]School starts soon. It's all good.

So, me pointing out that school is starting soon and eliminating free time from some of our 12-17 year old members is why this board is going down hill?

Really?[/quote:35f4tdv2]
Yea, because theres really no obnoxious 12 year olds running around on here like blowout and Beckett. Why are kids always everyones target on here and blowout. Were you not a kid once?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Greg Cleveland said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":rlq7grp4]School starts soon. It's all good.
Posts like these are why its going downhill. ...

Jeff has a point. This used to happen a lot on the "old" Beckett site, too. A lot of younger posters aren't as mature as those of us over 40. (There are also a lot of immature over 30's on here, too. And a lot of mature 18 year olds too!) Can't be helped. People are people, and not all of them are brilliant, mature, knowledgeable, etc. When school starts up, many younger posters lose interest because they get involved in school and it takes all their time. I read a lot, post every so often, and yes, I have sent cards to people not expecting anything in return, and sometimes I have had stuff sent to me. I don't buy a lot of new stuff anymore, but I still like coming here to keep my finger on the pulse of the hobby. I think a lot of folks say (write) something in jest, and it doesn't come across that way, then the hating starts. I'm sure it happens on all on line communities.

FBC is worth sticking around for. Warts and all.[/quote:rlq7grp4]

And... I agree with Greg. :) A lot of what happens here is sarcasm or joking that's taken the wrong way. Sometimes, some people come off as "holier than thou" when they're simply joking around or -- frankly -- that's simply their style of talking/writing.

It's a message board. Don't take it so seriously. And since the majority of the hate is spent against manufacturers... one particular manufacturer... as long as it's not aimed at you or any user, it's not a bad thing. This is a baseball card board. Criticism of manufacturers is, and should be, allowed here. While I agree, it's taken on a whole new level (I feel sort of like Professor Frankenstein watching his monster tear apart the countryside), it will subside soon enough.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
Jeff N. said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":1zvyrq8j]School starts soon. It's all good.

Really?[/quote:1zvyrq8j]

Could be the way you make your point that he was inferring. Catch more flies with honey than with vinegar kinda deal, you know?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
NECpilgrims8 said:
Sly said:
Jeff N. said:

Amen.

Some of those razor bashers need to go back to school!

It got old before. Now it's just rotting and long dead flesh.

It wasn't old before. :) It IS old now.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
MarlinsManiac20 said:
Jeff N. said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":3ebenoeu]School starts soon. It's all good.

Really?
Yea, because theres really no obnoxious 12 year olds running around on here like blowout and Beckett. Why are kids always everyones target on here and blowout. Were you not a kid once?[/quote:3ebenoeu]

1) How does me pointing out that school is starting soon and eliminating free time from some of our 12-17 year old members the reason WHY this board is going down hill? How is that particular comment the reason why the board is going downhill? And who said it's going downhill anyway? Those who don't like the Razor posts? If you don't like the Razor posts - don't read them! It's pretty obvious as to which is a razor post -- if it has 10 pages, or contains the words "BG", "Razor", "Leaf" or "Brian Gray", then it's a Razor post. Otherwise, probably not.

2) Kids are immature. There are more kids here than you suspect. Gilmo doesn't have an age requirement for this board.

3) Yes. However, I was not immature on message boards. I saved that for my 30s.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
Jeff N. said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":hqkr5yp9]
MarlinsManiac20 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":hqkr5yp9]School starts soon. It's all good.

Really?
Yea, because theres really no obnoxious 12 year olds running around on here like blowout and Beckett. Why are kids always everyones target on here and blowout. Were you not a kid once?[/quote:hqkr5yp9]

1) How does me pointing out that school is starting soon and eliminating free time from some of our 12-17 year old members the reason WHY this board is going down hill? How is that particular comment the reason why the board is going downhill? And who said it's going downhill anyway? Those who don't like the Razor posts? If you don't like the Razor posts - don't read them! It's pretty obvious as to which is a razor post -- if it has 10 pages, or contains the words "BG", "Razor", "Leaf" or "Brian Gray", then it's a Razor post. Otherwise, probably not.

2) Kids are immature. There are more kids here than you suspect. Gilmo doesn't have an age requirement for this board.

3) Yes. However, I was not immature on message boards. I saved that for my 30s.[/quote:hqkr5yp9]
from the TOS
Users under the age of 14 are welcome on FCB. However, if a user is under the age of 14, they will need to provide the administrators at FCB a parental letter of consent before joining this message board. This is in accordance with federal regulations. If the staff at FCB is notified that any member is under 14, and that said member does not have a letter of consent by their parents, the member's account will be suspended. If the member can provide a letter of consent from their parents, at that time, their account will be reinstated.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
jeff550 said:
Jeff N. said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":32qnfggu]
MarlinsManiac20 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":32qnfggu]School starts soon. It's all good.

Really?
Yea, because theres really no obnoxious 12 year olds running around on here like blowout and Beckett. Why are kids always everyones target on here and blowout. Were you not a kid once?

3) Yes. However, I was not immature on message boards. I saved that for my 30s.[/quote:32qnfggu]
from the TOS
Users under the age of 14 are welcome on FCB. However, if a user is under the age of 14, they will need to provide the administrators at FCB a parental letter of consent before joining this message board. This is in accordance with federal regulations. If the staff at FCB is notified that any member is under 14, and that said member does not have a letter of consent by their parents, the member's account will be suspended. If the member can provide a letter of consent from their parents, at that time, their account will be reinstated.[/quote:32qnfggu]

Rules, schmools.

Plenty of people have more than one account.
Plenty of people don't go by the letter of the above noted law (14+ is still a kid too).
Most importantly, plenty of people don't abide by rule #1.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:

than to have something to do. Childish remarks, petty jabs, and outright name calling
has got to stop. I love the hobby, and I love these boards. I like to find information
on here that you cant find in any books. The wealth of knowledge here is unmatched.
I enjoy talking with the true gentlemen of the hobby (Andrew) and being a part of the community.
I see people running contests (All In, Global) and people responding to the threads with not so much as a thank you, thanks for the opportunity, or thanks for the contest. Like its their right to enter. These generous people go out of their way to make these boards that much more enjoyable and there is no courtesy. I'll go one step further. People on these boards run contests, awards prizes, give free cards to, and never receive a PM or a thank you. How about "I got the cards, thanks so much"? Is it too hard to say thanks? I know it happens. Dom who runs the Birthday group can tell you.

Please,

Joe
I said before that I cannot/will not make an apology for being an ******* with no tolerance for a lack of common sense.When a post lacks common sense I chime in with a ******** remark.You may look at me like part of the problem but I consider myself part of the solution.
Signed,
Your friendly neighborhood ******* :D

hofmichael said:
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:

Please,

Joe
I said before that I cannot/will not make an apology for being an ******* with no tolerance for a lack of common sense.When a post lacks common sense I chime in with a ******** remark.You may look at me like part of the problem but I consider myself part of the solution.
Signed,
Your friendly neighborhood ******* :D

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

;)

Members online