Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Considering New Partial Set Project [Update]...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK11

May 24, 2010
I have only completed 2 sets in my 17 years of collecting and I am more into single cards that catch my eye from the 4 major sports. I am now considering undertaking a partial set project that may grow, may not. I am considering tracking down the SPs from 2009 Prestige set and possibly grading them from there with either at least mint or gem mint as a standard. This would in return may create a small BGS registry for something new for a collecting goal. Any of the SPs whether they are RCs or the Alternate Rookies would be included in this endeavor. It is at least a relative cheap endeavor since last year's Prestige is almost a bargain product compared to most of last year's stuff. I just bought a 20 blaster box lot which has 1 alternate rookie per box to get started at about $8 per box. Of course, I love last year's design alot and at least you could get full college action shots compared to this year's. Also I like this past year's rookie crop better than this incoming one. I counted 46 SPs, so I hope it is reasonable quest. Any comments are always appreciated and if you have any SPs in great condition or even graded already to sell, let me know. Thanks,

Andrew

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Re: Considering New Partial Set Project...

I wasn't wild about the design of the set, but do agree that it was cool having them in college unis. I'm not sure how abundant the SPs are almost a year removed from their release, but it could be a fun challenge. If you get really ambitious, you could do the regular base and SP for all of the draft picks.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto

Slette said:
I wasn't wild about the design of the set, but do agree that it was cool having them in college unis. I'm not sure how abundant the SPs are almost a year removed from their release, but it could be a fun challenge. If you get really ambitious, you could do the regular base and SP for all of the draft picks.

I busted a lot of this in hobby form last year (it plummeted in price) and stashed most of it away before I realized that there were SP. From what I've found, I have zero short prints.

I have about 3-4 sets of the regular rookies though.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008

Good luck. It should be a fun set. Retail prestige is notorious to have a pack with 2 or more SPs in it so good luck.

AK11

May 24, 2010

I now have 32 of 46 alternate and RC SPs and wanted some feedback before I send the first batch in for grading. Should I make the minimum BGS 9 or 9.5? Most grade gem according to the population report, but I do not want to set the bar too high. If I set the min at 9, it would only be for ones that have all 9 subgrades or higher. Nothing with a 8.5 subgrade would be slabbed. Or do I just stick it out for gold labels? Almost of all them are packed pulled thanks to lots of busting, but whether that many are gem is tough to say. I have actually had bad luck sending in cards with white edges and corners and getting some sort of flaw I miss. Anyways, any comments would be greatly appreciated here as I am sending off tomorrow to take advantage of the upgrade special this month. Thanks,

Andrew

Members online

Latest posts