Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I just became a Brandon Phillips fan!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The Cardinals won't do it, because their an organization who has class, but I'd love for Phillips to eat some sweet chin music tonight.

Where's Julian Tazarez or Julian Javier when you need them?

I just don't really see the point of even making the comments, nothing good will come of it for the Reds, it's just going to motivate the Cardinals.

asmth312

Jan 17, 2009
Really? He's a bad guy or "pos" for calling out the Cardinals after last night?

Maybe it should have been limited to Carpenter, but come on. Ryan had to change gloves in the middle of the inning and Carpenter calls him down in the tunnel to complain. Sure, he should have just played with the broken glove. Later, Francisco hits a ball to short and Ryan is obviously positioned up the middle and can't get to it, so Carpenter is storming around the mound swearing up a storm, making a scene.

You might not like him, but you're not going to convince me that Phillips is wrong. At least not after last night.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
stevezimmer22 said:
Time to back it up on the field now B.

He did a great job at backing it up in the game after making the comments. 0-5. Outstanding. That is usually what happens all over in sports seemingly right after someone makes dumb comments.

But who knows, he could have a big game tonight. Personally, I'd like to see his jaw wired shut after his first at bat, but that's just me. I could be in the minority.

If I were Dusty, I'd sit him tonight to avoid any possible trouble.

And asmith, I do believe je made these comments BEFORE the game last night.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
asmth312 said:
Really? He's a bad guy or "pos" for calling out the Cardinals after last night?

Maybe it should have been limited to Carpenter, but come on. Ryan had to change gloves in the middle of the inning and Carpenter calls him down in the tunnel to complain. Sure, he should have just played with the broken glove. Later, Francisco hits a ball to short and Ryan is obviously positioned up the middle and can't get to it, so Carpenter is storming around the mound swearing up a storm, making a scene.

You might not like him, but you're not going to convince me that Phillips is wrong. At least not after last night.

It was before the game....and then Phillips went 0-5.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
I love the last line.

It's line the author put that in there to make Brandon look like a ****** on purpose.

asmth312

Jan 17, 2009
Right, but my point is that maybe he was onto something. Obviously you can't generalize to a whole team, but I liked Carpenter a lot less after the business last night.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
asmth312 said:
Right, but my point is that maybe he was onto something. Obviously you can't generalize to a whole team, but I liked Carpenter a lot less after the business last night.

He was on to nothing. He is an idiot. There is no basis for his comments at all and they were simply stupid.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Anyone just see the bench clearing?

Cueto was kicking at Carpenter like a little girl.

yakacack

Apr 13, 2009
Tampa, FL
Skorris CCBC said:
Anyone just see the bench clearing?

Cueto was kicking at Carpenter like a little girl.

Cueto kicked at least 3 people and because of where he was stays in the game. Phillips dragging his bat in the catching circle pretty much started the whole thing...despite what the super geniuses in the Reds booth apparently saw.

Members online

Latest posts