Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I just bought a baseball card...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
For the record, I am football only so this was a little weird...plus, I don't usually spend more than $20 on a card :lol:

Was a little sad. Thought I was going to grab it for $24.95. Seller misspelled the name AND put it in the Autographs-Original section of ebay. One other person must have seen it right before it ended and jumped the price up. I stumbed on it from a different auction...which I forgot to bid on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360287159018&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I know NOTHING about baseball anymore...but I know he is pretty ok, right? Most sell in the 60-70 range.

How do you think I did on it?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
seahawks4ever said:
For the record, I am football only so this was a little weird...plus, I don't usually spend more than $20 on a card :lol:

Was a little sad. Thought I was going to grab it for $24.95. Seller misspelled the name AND put it in the Autographs-Original section of ebay. One other person must have seen it right before it ended and jumped the price up. I stumbed on it from a different auction...which I forgot to bid on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360287159018&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I know NOTHING about baseball anymore...but I know he is pretty ok, right? Most sell in the 60-70 range.

:lol: He is pitching tonight against the Cubs and he has already give up 4 runs. But nice pick-up anyway.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
Pine Tar said:
seahawks4ever said:

:lol: He is pitching tonight against the Cubs and he has already give up 4 runs. But nice pick-up anyway.

After I posted this I looked him up. Yeah...well hopefully he will do better the next time.

How does it work in baseball? Like, if a pitcher does well in an outing, do his cards go up immediately? I know football well, but am really lost here...

jetsrule4

Aug 16, 2008
yes lincecum is a 2x cy young pitcher, that is one of his rookie autos. nice card. and yes anytime a player does well assumingly their cards will go up

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I know in football they have a breakout run and their cards go up drastically... I used to do Meachem and after he made that play where he took the ball from Kareem Moore, eBay's listings almost doubled...

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
TBTwinsFan said:
I know in football they have a breakout run and their cards go up drastically... I used to do Meachem and after he made that play where he took the ball from Kareem Moore, eBay's listings almost doubled...

Interesting :?

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
aaron41984 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

Interesting :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you all for the comments!

Members online