Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillips vs. Stan the Man

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
In light of the current guffaw on Brandon Phillips..I would like to remind everyone of this weeks Sports Illustrated. It illuminates how the game was played, should be played and for alot of players is still played this way.
Stan played the game with respect and dignity. Something I think alot of the players these days forget.. no matter if you are a Reds player, Cards player, Cubbies or Yankees player.
I cant imagine Stan, Jackie or Willie acting as this young man did. Im not excusing anyone's reactions either...be it Tony or Dusty.
Just that its ironic the current issue of SI celebrates what was and still should be right about baseball and both these two teams tonite were acting plain silly!
My two cents..
Now can we all just play ball and may the best team win.....trash talking is allowed..just think before you talk!
PS- Good thing Phillips wasnt playing against Gibson or Ryan tonite..phew..that 100mph by his ears would have changed his attitude!

ethanbryer

Jun 22, 2010
So. Missouri
Ha, I Tottally Agree.

I Hope Phillips Gets Suspended, He Has Had A Big Mouth All Year.
Also, I Tought It Was Weird The Scott Rolen Pushed Carpenter Into The Fence. Old Fued Between Old Teammates?

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
ethanbryer said:
Ha, I Tottally Agree.

Also, I Tought It Was Weird The Scott Rolen Pushed Carpenter Into The Fence. Old Fued Between Old Teammates?
A
Actually Scottie and Carp were all cool at the end...they were both chillin with each other..boys being boys..I dont even have a problem with Phillips talking some smack.. its a game and smack is talked sometimes..just his seemed a little offensive..if there is such a thing. Hes young and its his first big pennant race..nothing wrong with getting the team pumped..just maybe should tamper his "terms"..he is a good young ballplayer.
Utley he is not..although he would tell you otherwise!

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Loved the video from tonights game. Nice to see a rivalry born. Baseball so needs more stuff like this. So sick of these guys in their millionaire clubs just hanging out being all buddy buddy with opposing team. The Cards and Reds series has been more heated than any Yankee - Red Sox series in last couple seasons. Almost like those games are just another regular season game.

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
I loved every second of it... it makes me care about the NL Central again... I can't wait to see what else happens!

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
matchpenalty said:
Loved the video from tonights game. Nice to see a rivalry born. Baseball so needs more stuff like this. So sick of these guys in their millionaire clubs just hanging out being all buddy buddy with opposing team. The Cards and Reds series has been more heated than any Yankee - Red Sox series in last couple seasons. Almost like those games are just another regular season game.

Rivalry is good..just dont think we need a bunch of grown men acting like boys..just my two cents..I think everyone acted foolish tonite..Like I said before...Gibson or Ryan would have taken care of business with out the melee!!

ethanbryer

Jun 22, 2010
So. Missouri
matchpenalty said:

Ya Its Better then The Redsox and Yankess, They Are 5 games Apart, The Cardinals and Reds are Tied for First Place, the Game tomorow will break up there tie. im defiantly gonna be glued to the couch watching the game

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
scottagibson said:
I loved every second of it... it makes me care about the NL Central again... I can't wait to see what else happens!
BTW--those hitters club cards are awesome!

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
ethanbryer said:
Ha, I Tottally Agree.

Phillips should be given a bonus for speaking his mind and making this race interesting.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
RCRX said:
matchpenalty said:

Rivalry is good..just dont think we need a bunch of grown men acting like boys..just my two cents..I think everyone acted foolish tonite..Like I said before...Gibson or Ryan would have taken care of business with out the melee!!

I think it was great to see some fire and boyish acts. I'd rather see that than these guys patting each other on back and talking about what 5 star dinner place they are going to after the game.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
reds haven't been relivant in a long time. Nice of BP to light a fire, we already know these guys aren't like Stan
and Cal. I wouldn't expect any comment critical of the cardinals to be popular here on these boards.

Kevin

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I like this thread 100 percent better that the other one
Tomorrows game should be a good one I just hope they dont start throwing at
each other (the ball and fists) Its good for the game
Maybe they will start showing more Reds/Cards games on ESPN instead of every single game of the
Yanks/Sox

ethanbryer

Jun 22, 2010
So. Missouri
craiger122003 said:
I like this thread 100 percent better that the other one
Tomorrows game should be a good one I just hope they dont start throwing at
each other (the ball and fists) Its good for the game
Maybe they will start showing more Reds/Cards games on ESPN instead of every single game of the
Yanks/Sox

Im tired of Yanks/Sox, I Really Could Care Less. There So Far Apart in the Standings. I just get online and watch the game casts of other games.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Bash the Cards all you want I dont care all that matters is what happens in October
I am a diehard Cards fan but I dont get all upset over little **** its all part of the game
These guys pushing each other around is no biggie If they were in a full out brawl then yes I might be
concerned

schmidtfan20 said:
reds haven't been relivant in a long time. Nice of BP to light a fire, we already know these guys aren't like Stan
and Cal. I wouldn't expect any comment critical of the cardinals to be popular here on these boards.

Kevin

Members online

Latest posts