Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
vintagerookies51 said:
yeah.. sorry i'm not the best when it comes to this
Its all good man. Contact one of the Mods on the top of this thread and they will help. Good luck and from what I have seen good stuff!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Very nice Matthewson t206, that's on my want list.

Hey, I just wanted to mention something. It doesn't look like your cards in toploaders are in penny sleeves as well. If I'm incorrect, I apologize and please disregard. I know it's harder to center them in the case with a sleeve, but the toploaders aren't archival safe and will start to chemically react with the paper, especially in sunlight. Much slower out of sunlight, but it's still an issue.

They (meaning hobby suppliers) do make screwdowns for vintage cards now, you've just got to find the right size. However, they also make penny sleeves and toploaders for t206 sized tobacco cards these days. If you don't want to put any money into cases, I'd just put a penny sleeve on them and put them back in their toploaders.

Nice collection, I'd hate to see the paper fall apart one day because of storage problems.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
yes, alway use penny sleves, ive had to rip open top loaders because of the card sticking to them. always always always, penny sleve+top loader.

sick stuff there :D

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Love to see the "Collector Grade" cards.

Your a true vintage collector! :)

BTW the 1st Cobb is a W514 in case you didnt know...

**The R319 Ruth is a reprint, dont waste your $$ getting it graded. (the easiest of many ways to tell even with the blurry video is the eyes shadows are way too dark, and the copyright symbol in bottom corner is too bold. These reprints are often called Raccoon Reprints because they didnt get the contrast right in the face. The back may have scuffing in the area between the GOUDEY GUM CO. and BOSTON, this is where it said reprint at one time.

PS the other card that may be a reprint but its tough to tell from video is the R338 Cobb. If you post a clear scan of the fornt I can tell you for sure.

Members online