Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New to this forum, but not to this great Hobby of ours.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5DedlyVnoms_71

Jul 21, 2010
My name is David and have been collecting since 1977. When my father bought me three packs of Topps before he left to Germany. The first card I first saw when I opened the pack was an L.C. Greenwood card from the Steelers which I still have. I've been hooked ever since then. I personally collect anything and everything of Earl Campbell. I collect all Astros and Yankee team sets. Recently, I just started collecting all Colt McCoy cards. I also have been collecting Panini stickers and books since1978 all of German Bundesliga and European Fusball.

Grew up an Army dependent of my Father. I spent 8 years of my life in Germany. I graduated from Stuttgart American High School in 1989. I was in the Army for 14 years all Infantry and Airborne Infantry. Been around the World and back again too many times to count. I got out in 2005 with head injuries and back problems probably too many jumps from a perfectly good airplane. I have now been a college student at UT Dallas and now at Texas A&M as a Geoscience and Business double major. I just finished moving from Plano, Texas last week. On the side I have two different businesses with my wife that I started for her.

I am first and foremost a collector and then a business man when it comes to this hobby of ours. I am here to meet new friends and get new info on this hobby I love so much. Technically this hobby is now my therapy to relieve stress and other problems from TBI and PTSD related disabilities. I am truly addicted to opening anything and everything from packs to cases of products. I love the smell of freshly opened cards and nothing else is like it. Other than maybe the smell of gun smoke after a firefight or being at the range. Weapons and Martial Arts is my other hobbies as well that I love to do as a stress reliever.

Once again I look forward to meeting new friends on here. Thanks and I hope to hear from you all. Thanks!

David

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
From one Dave to another: Welcome aboard and thank you for your service ! :p

5DedlyVnoms_71

Jul 21, 2010
Thanks Dave! Keep supporting those men and women still out there. I really appreciate you taking the time to write on to my intro. Hope you have a great rest of the year collecting. Just wondering do you bust wax and if so are you doing BC or BDPP this year? or maybe are you sticking with football products the last part of the year?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
5DedlyVnoms_71 said:
Thanks Dave! Keep supporting those men and women still out there. I really appreciate you taking the time to write on to my intro. Hope you have a great rest of the year collecting. Just wondering do you bust wax and if so are you doing BC or BDPP this year? or maybe are you sticking with football products the last part of the year?

Dave - No problem. Weather you believe in all the fighting going on over in Afghanastan or not, everyone should be respected for the service they give to our country.

And, I may actually bust some of the BDPP this year, depending on the checklist of the USA guys. Same w/football. I usually just retail, which is an epic fail, but it cures my pack busting itch.

Take care :p

Members online

Latest posts