Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you miss the original BMB?

Do you miss the old BMB?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
When I see some of those bad threads sit on top of the 1st page way too long I miss it.

Before Beckett screwed it up that board was pretty epic.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Re: Do you miss you original BMB?

This is like the 3rd thread today about BMB (in some way or shape)

Who cares, it's gone.

FCB is way better on many levels

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country

joey12508 said:
i only miss some of the friends i made there, that are no longer with us.

I know of one who recently passed that because I never called him by his screen name, I can not remember it, but he was one of the best traders over on the boards, one of the people who got me in to collecting again, and sadly, taken from us FAR too young

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

No.

FCB is better than even the old BMBs before they ruined them. I just think it's hilarious how everyone on the entire board was telling them not to change it and instead of listening, they did it anyway, and consequently lost all of their message board supporters. They got exactly what they deserved for not listening.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin

It was good until they decided to crap on it and everyone that used it.

Without it I would have never met the Team Collectors. This November will mark 5 years, the groups is still going strong. :D

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008

It had volume

It defined board etiquette

you know you miss it

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
No.

FCB is better than even the old BMBs before they ruined them. I just think it's hilarious how everyone on the entire board was telling them not to change it and instead of listening, they did it anyway, and consequently lost all of their message board supporters. They got exactly what they deserved for not listening.

Kind of sounds like our current government.

BMB was great as it had huge volume daily.

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country

js0000001 said:
It had volume

It defined board etiquette

you know you miss it

The "top of the boards" at BMB MAYBE had better ettiquette, but as someone who hung out alot more on the "bottom" (trade area) I can tell you that I don't miss the BS one bit. (yes, here comes my chris/tim/blake et al. suck up) At least here, Mods try and facilitate smooth transations no matter WHO is in play or at fault. THe "kids" don't seem to be as bad on the trade side here.

Now, as far as the top of the boards? I get a laugh from all the BS that's slung....when you can look at a thread title or read the OP post....and KNOW that (insert username here) is going to be ALL over the thread...you have to take that with a grain of salt.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008

I would only say "sort of" if for no other reason than the vast array of the community wouldn't be split up. EVERYONE was there it seemed, and now I wonder what I miss on another board that I'm not going to bother with.

We have all the best aspects of that board here, but can always hope for more traffic, which equals more possibilities to find what you're looking for. And since I can ignore a post, having to suffer the inane portion of a large traffic population doesn't factor in.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey

chowell3fan said:
joey12508 said:
i only miss some of the friends i made there, that are no longer with us.

I know of one who recently passed that because I never called him by his screen name, I can not remember it, but he was one of the best traders over on the boards, one of the people who got me in to collecting again, and sadly, taken from us FAR too young

Who was it? Plenty of traders I miss from BMB. The trade part of BMB had great traffic though. Dont miss really anything though honestly. Even though I would love to do 5-10 trades a week.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell

Willams51, great guy.we both shared collecting the same player. hard to explain, we had a lot of fun.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

I don't miss it for the simple reason that they blew it. They screwed up the site, and many of us were forced to "get our fix" somewhere else. Viola, FCB was born.

They miss us more than we miss them I'm guessing, not to mention I haven't spent a penny on their price guides/magazines in 3+ years and I certainly haven't missed that.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
nborton said:
I think like most others I miss the people and the amount of people. Not the site itself. Especially the attitude coming from the top.
Never had a problem with anyone there (or here for that matter.) I don't think it takes anything away from this site to say I miss the volume that was there. Hopefully one day this place matches that.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I miss the Basketball and Football board over there. I love the baseball board here ,but it sure was nice to have the other two boards active during the offseason.

Members online