Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay account email different than paypal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Can you accept paypal on ebay to a different email than the email that is on your ebay account? I'm setting up an ebay account for work, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong to get this to work. We have a general email for the ebay account, but I don't want that general email to be the same as the paypal email. I'm trying to protect access. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
LLWesMan said:
You can, but I can't remember how I set it up that way. I definitely have different emails set up for eBay and PayPal though.

Same here.

I think you can set up an ebay account with whatever email you want, and then make a different email as your "Primary" Paypal email.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
Sly said:
LLWesMan said:
You can, but I can't remember how I set it up that way. I definitely have different emails set up for eBay and PayPal though.

Same here.

I think you can set up an ebay account with whatever email you want, and then make a different email as your "Primary" Paypal email.
add another to that list

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I've been using the same eBay account with the same email address for years but have changed my paypal a number of times.

All you have to do is enter the paypal address to which you want to be paid when listing the card. There is a section dedicated to payment method and you just type your paypal address there. It does not need to match your eBay email.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I've been using the same eBay account with the same email address for years but have changed my paypal a number of times.

All you have to do is enter the paypal address to which you want to be paid when listing the card. There is a section dedicated to payment method and you just type your paypal address there. It does not need to match your eBay email.

Hmm...perhaps that is the problem. We're using turbolister and perhaps we weren't putting that in correctly.

aric

Apr 29, 2009
Therion said:
Might I suggest just giving eBay a call?

Ha, I would suggest the opposite unless you have time to kill. Like others have said, you can put any email address you want as your paypal address, there is a field for it in turbo lister. You can even use multiple paypal addresses for the same ebay user account.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
aric said:
Therion said:
Might I suggest just giving eBay a call?

Ha, I would suggest the opposite unless you have time to kill. Like others have said, you can put any email address you want as your paypal address, there is a field for it in turbo lister. You can even use multiple paypal addresses for the same ebay user account.

Yeah I recently got a new debit card so for awhile I had two paypal accounts going while I got the new numbers into the system and such, and I used both of the PayPal addresses on my only eBay account and had no problems.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
BowmanChromeAddict said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Hmm...perhaps that is the problem. We're using turbolister and perhaps we weren't putting that in correctly.

That was the problem. I did set up paypal correctly on the account, but the person I put on the project decided for some reason to override the paypal email I set up and sent it to a different account. Thanks guys!

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
BowmanChromeAddict said:
So it can be done, but nobody knows how they did it. Well, that's a start I guess.
i did it by making my ebay account first, with one email, then made the payal accout with another email, then went in and linked the paypal to my ebay account.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
BowmanChromeAddict said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

That was the problem. I did set up paypal correctly on the account, but the person I put on the project decided for some reason to override the paypal email I set up and sent it to a different account. Thanks guys!

If you're using TurboLister, under the shipping options is a place to enter the email address for your Paypal, just make sure you do that and SAVE the template and keep using that template (assume you use templates). If you use old templates, you just need to update those and resave them.

BUT...you also need to make sure that email address is set up to your Paypal account. It should be in the basic account settings in Paypal where you can add another email address and make it the primary one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts