Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is UD still revamping the Redemption system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Anyone know or hear any updates on when they are launching the system or if it's been killed?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I kinda like the online thing. They way they replace your cards that they OWE you can be kinda whack, but the system as a whole is useful I think.

I hadn't heard there was a revamp.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
This was the email I received back in September:

"Dear Loyal Collectors,

At the close of this year we will be launching an exciting new program called the Hobby Exchange. It has been designed to eliminate redemption cards as they are known today. It will also provide our customers with a much more compelling on-line experience where the collector is in control. As we continue to develop this program, the primary goal is to make it as user friendly as possible. We appreciate your patience, support and feedback as we work to bring this program to market.

Launching the Hobby Exchange has taken longer than we initially anticipated, but it makes sense to take the time and build it right. In the meantime, we want to work with collectors to exchange any older redemption cards. We have set aside an extensive inventory of cards to help swap out these delinquent redemption cards with. We have also put together an easy process to request an exchange. Just follow these step by step instructions:
1. Send an email to [email protected] titled “Redemption Exchange.”
2. From your main My Redemptions page, simply cut and paste any redemption cards pending on your account for more than 45 days that you wish to have exchanged.
3. Please include a list of players, teams and sports you prefer. The more extensive the list, the greater opportunity we have of assisting you with comparable items.*
4. Confirm your address is correct on your Upper Deck account and send the e-mail.
5. Upper Deck will not contact you back as we will be busy processing these replacements. Please wait 3-4 weeks to receive your replacement package.

We appreciate your patience while we process those requests as we want to take the time to find the best items possible. As a thank you for your patience with this process, Upper Deck will also include a bonus card or item at random while supplies last. We are eager to help clean up outstanding redemptions before we launch the Hobby Exchange, so what are you waiting for? It’s time to swap!

Sincerely,
Upper Deck Collector Care

*Exchanges will be for comparable players and values only. Due to inventory constraints, collectors cannot request multiple redemption cards be exchanged for one higher-end card. Customers with questions on their replacement package should e-mail [email protected]. Please note that non comparable requests will not be honored and a replacement will be sent at Upper Deck’s sole discretion."

I have one outstanding redemption, but I was hoping to wait until the Exchange is online so I might have a chance of choosing a particular card that was a redemption form my set. I'm sure I'm just dreaming.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Here's an idea UD: don't promise cards you can't deliver. uh...duh?

The Upper Deck redemption systme is like the "Rough Road" sign you see on the highway; it says "hey, we know this sucks, so, ah, heads up! But we're not gonna fix it or anything; we did get a sign though."

Members online

Latest posts