Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Little Patch Help Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
Is the third patch on this card....

Shep

img207.jpg

...this patch?
http://store.teampatch.com/19amle50yeya.html

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Re: Little Help Please

It looks possible. It appears the yellow may be the ball on your card

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008

Yeah, it's the bottom right portion of the patch. Part of the ball, and part of the red crest

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008

Thanks guys!!

Do you think that its an actual patch from 1951 or a reissue?

Shep

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
Just a bump to see if you guys think that this is a 51 patch or a reissue.

Thanks

Shep

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
shepsspot said:

Thanks

Shep

I think the confusion is what do you mean reissue? Like an old timers game? If you are asking that I suggest getting a better scan of the patch both on your card and one from an original 51 jersey (search auction houses completed listings etc for other players). Most of the times the old timers day jerseys used different material to make them so I would assume this would also be the case with the patches. With a close scan we may be able to tell, but with what we have above I am not sure.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
nyc3 said:
shepsspot said:

Thanks

Shep

I think the confusion is what do you mean reissue? Like an old timers game? If you are asking that I suggest getting a better scan of the patch both on your card and one from an original 51 jersey (search auction houses completed listings etc for other players). Most of the times the old timers day jerseys used different material to make them so I would assume this would also be the case with the patches. With a close scan we may be able to tell, but with what we have above I am not sure.

Thanks!

Once I get the card in I will get a better scan of it and check around for the 1951 patch as well.

Thanks Again,

Shep

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
nyc3 said:
shepsspot said:

Thanks

Shep

Like I said I will get a better scan when it come in, but I found this original patch that was auctioned off in 2006 and it kinda looks like the same white material.

Shep

http://sports.ha.com/common/view_item.p ... 2435#Photo

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Awesome pick-up on the DiMaggio. I was hoping to get a chance to bid on it, but I was probably going to lose, anyway. My guess is that the last patch is from a game-worn jersey. I have no proof, but that's what I've always thought. I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple other Exquisite patches with a similar patch, and I know there was another UD patch card that contained swatches from that particular patch. I can't remember the exact year, but I know it was a vertical card and I think the patch was in the shape of a P.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
Thanks for the help Eric!

I posted a better scan of the whole card above and here is a scan of just the patches.

Shep

img207-Copy-1.jpg

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Shep I dont have heritage auction account handy does the zoom in feature blow it up any? Its looking pretty good, but I am no expert.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Btw i just noticed something that nails it down as a 51 patch besides whats been pointed out, more to come in a second. :D still not sure if its a throwback patch or the original though

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
Shep, i say no. I see nowhere that ball and the red line up right.
the ball of course is round in the patch you found, and the gold on the card
doesn't look as rounded. I could be wrong, just doesn't quite seem right.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
patch.jpg

Now if you look at sheps you can actually see a touch of red from the threads on the gold baseball.

img207-Copy-1.jpg
[/quote]

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
nyc3 said:
patch.jpg

Now if you look at sheps you can actually see a touch of red from the threads on the gold baseball.

img207-Copy-1.jpg
[/quote]

Just thanked that post!!

I looked at it again right before your post and I saw the red thread in the ball and was going to say that, but you beat me to it and did a better job showing it!

Thanks Again!!

Shep

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Stiching looks different

Yeah a closer shot of an original patch is needed for sure. Even the one pictured above by marro looks like it was added later in the jerseys lifetime.

Members online