Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shoulda Coulda Woulda.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
Tonight I looked through a good portion of my collection. I looked through my vintage, autos, rookies and cards that were once a hot commodity. Looking through all these once "hot list" calibar cards got me thinking. I wondered what cards I probally should have sold, but held onto to keep in my PC. Looking back I could have cashed in back in the day and bought multiple copies of the same card at todays going rate. Here are the cards I should have sold. Lets here your stories of cards you held on for a little bit too long.

2003 Bowmans Best Ryan Howard Auto. It still gets some pretty money, but nothing compared to it was getting a few years ago.

img079.jpg

USA Jered Weaver Jersey Auto Blue Ink. Booked 300 when it was released. I'm not sure how much it was getting, all I know is it got more alot more than $15. ::facepalm::

img098.jpg

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Still have a number of these....could have profited off the rest of the ones I have pretty easily, but there was a certain amount I wanted to get per card so I only sold the ones that pulled in that much. Now they're probably not worth nearly as much, although I don't doubt that they'll go up again at some point in the future.

PorcelloLimited7.jpg

I made a killing off a couple hundred copies of this card, buying around .60 each and selling at $2 each, but I kept 25 thinking they had a shot to go higher. I could have sold the lot for $50 ::facepalm:: Lesson learned: sell while you can make a nice profit and don't worry about them going

scan0051.jpg

I sold a BGS 9.5 Xfractor for $50 and was horribly spoiled by the sale. I ended up turning down offers as high as $70 on this one...now I'd probably be lucky to get much more than $30

PerryGold952.jpg

dannyboy19

Feb 6, 2010
Massachusetts
This is exactly the opposite--seems I got rid of cards WAYYYYY too soon. One in particular was Jon Papelbon's 2003 Bowman Chrome Draft Xfractor. Pulled it from a pack and at the time it barely booked anything, maybe $5 max. I sold it for $2....fast forward a year or 2 and the card booked at I believe $250. However, now it is starting to come back down but still..i sold it for $2!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I'm a firm believer in sell early enough to make a decent profit, but let someone take on the bigger risk.

For example, you have $50 in a card and it's selling for $200. Some people will hold thinking that $300 is possible, when I would look at the extra $150 and recycle that into something else instead of risking the all too common drop after it hit it's $200 peak.

So few cards surge and then peak after that surge. Extremely few.

ricefan77

Jan 24, 2010
ArtVandelay said:
Where is Parra now?

Parra and Ryal/Gillespie seem to be the 3rd outfielder for Arizona, Parra hasn't been playing great, but it seems if either of these guys have a good game, they are sat the next day. Doesn't give anyone a chance to get any momentum. All three of them are pretty young, they need to trade one of them for some young pitching.

Members online