Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Custom Cut Idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autocut

I'm thinking about taking my cancel checks and make a full set of these. Going to re-design and update them though.

georgekelly.jpg

georgekelly_back.jpg

It's an old design and I've since deleted the PSD file, so I plan on re-doing a new design with same idea. i have canceled checks of:

Leon Day, George Kelly, James H. (Hoyt) Wilhelm, Richard (Rick) B. Ferrell, Walter (Buck) Leonard, Joe Sewell, Elwin (Preacher) Roe, John (Buck) O'Neil, and a few others.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
The concept is great, as it makes an impersonal check more tangible, as it has a date associated with it.

One suggestion, on the back of the card, add to whom the check was written, the amount, and what for (if available). That will preserve a bit of history about the personal habits of the player.

autocut

BunchOBull said:
The concept is great, as it makes an impersonal check more tangible, as it has a date associated with it.

One suggestion, on the back of the card, add to whom the check was written, the amount, and what for (if available). That will preserve a bit of history about the personal habits of the player.

Hmm, dunno about that. I think a better idea since it is a custom, either name and address from check or the bank logo. I think that would be nice.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I like that idea as well, and it's your design, so obviously you'll do what is right for your collection.

I only mention that because the only thing that bothers me about cutting up checks is that I never know the details of the transaction.

autocut

BunchOBull said:
I like that idea as well, and it's your design, so obviously you'll do what is right for your collection.

I only mention that because the only thing that bothers me about cutting up checks is that I never know the details of the transaction.

Well, what I've done in the past was put the entire scan of the check on the back:

buckoneil_finalfront.jpg

buckoneil_finalback.jpg

autocut

BunchOBull said:
Cool, I really like that idea. Like Donruss used to do with the memorabilia they cut up.

Here is an actual card I had authenticated:

rayd_sigcut_sgc.jpg

r_dandridge2.jpg

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Very nice.
And I was thinking that you should put a copy of the check on the back of the card, then I saw that you did that with previouse one, IMO that is a great idea. :D

autocut

Musial Collector said:
Very nice.
And I was thinking that you should put a copy of the check on the back of the card, then I saw that you did that with previouse one, IMO that is a great idea. :D

Probably helps on getting it authenticated if they can see where the cut actually came from.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
The creativity you guys have displayed is incredible.And while I don't agree with cutting up checks to make cards,the designs are great.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
autocut said:
hofmichael said:
The creativity you guys have displayed is incredible.And while I don't agree with cutting up checks to make cards,the designs are great.

I use to feel that way, but I think it is easier to store and protect the signature if it was a card.
I don't mind cutting up index cards to make customs but checks make a great display piece when they are framed and matted with a photo.
Mike

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
It would kind of be cool to have a "this day in history"-style cut set, cut sig, date, image of the check on the back and all, but also a little write up about an event (sports related if possible) that occurred on that day. The front would need some standardized logo and stylings, but the background image would be related to the event, and an image of the player from his playing days in the foreground.

autocut

hofmichael said:
autocut said:
hofmichael said:

I use to feel that way, but I think it is easier to store and protect the signature if it was a card.
I don't mind cutting up index cards to make customs but checks make a great display piece when they are framed and matted with a photo.
Mike

Framing and matting for each check can get expensive and are bulky. i have a few and they just sitting in the closet. Nowhere to put them.

Members online

Latest posts