Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If you are thinking of building a web site for your cards...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
...let me offer my services! I know this is gonna sound like a commercial, but I can definitely save you some money if you are wondering how to build a site.

I host web sites and can register and set up an account for you in 1 day. I charge $5 per month, and $10 to register a domain, which you own. I also can help with graphic design to customize your site and make it look cool!

Check out http://www.peterosecollector.com, http://www.timwakefieldcards.com, and http://www.bighurthof.com. A couple of these are under construction since they are new, but these sites will give you a small idea of what your site could look like and what you can do.

Some benefits of owning your own site:
- You have full control of editing your site. Make it how you want it!
- Easy-to-use web software that you use right through your browser... or you can use your own software like Dreamweaver, GoLive, etc.
- Customizable templates
- Great support
- Email
- Lots of extras! Blog software, content management, image galleries, etc.
- No more relying on photobucket to serve your images! Much much faster.
- Access to a simple thumbnail program that will resize your images - all at once!

That's just scraping the surface of what you get with the basic hosting account for $5 per month. Do not overpay with other services, guys. I can save you some money and get you hooked up real fast. Believe me, I know there are free web hosting services out there and if that's what you decide, I wish you the best of luck and no hard feelings. This is just to make sure you know what other affordable options you have and what you get! :D

Thanks for the read.
Dave

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Granted, I built my own site, but I thought I would chime in for those of you who have considered site building. I am a believer in building a website and it is not as difficult as some of you might be thinking. Technology has made it very easy to build sites. In fact, I am currently working with a group of children helping them build their own sites.

My site was built on a foundation of helping others. However, having the site out there took things to a whole new level. For you guys and girls thinking about it, I highly recommend it.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Great stuff Dave.
That Rose site looks amazing!!

I might just be interested!! Could you drop me a PM and tell me more... :D :D

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Mine is close to the final upload. I'm waiting on some custom work done to the template by a buddy of mine; when he has time to finish that, I'll upload the content.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I'm definitely interested in this as well and would love to see/know more. I've heard some great stories from the Grace collector (Brian?) about some great finds and opportunities that came about because of his website. I like the design of the Wakefield site and I know one of our resident Will Clark collectors has a great site as well

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the comments, guys. Russ and Andy, PMs coming.

Ross- can't wait to see your site!

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Great idea, I've been thinking of a site for a while now.... if only I could find time. I still haven't gotten my business website redesigned from when I first opened over a year ago! It is in the sig if you would like to see my computer illiterate handy work, haha.

I might need to take you up on this, thanks for the info.

Casey

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Russ S. said:
Great stuff Dave.
That Rose site looks amazing!!

I might just be interested!! Could you drop me a PM and tell me more... :D :D

Thank you Russ. I am very happy with my Rose site. It turned out a million times better than I ever expected.

I will add that the customer service is top notch.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
schillingfan said:
Philip J. Fry said:
Mine isn't too shabby, either.

Yours is pure crap. Looks like a teenager made it. ;)

Tim does amazing work as well. You really can't lose with either of these guys!

Ha yeah that was done in a weekend, damn caffeine. Anyhow, props to the OP for providing this service. I agree, anymore it's nice to have a website for your collection because you never know who will visit it and offer any cards you may not have.

AK11

May 24, 2010
It depends on whether you want a web site for primarily a collection show off or more a player devoted web site. I have a web site put up through webs.com for my hockey player collection. I customized the header graphic using photoshop and same thing with the wallpaper. If you truly need your domain, you can purchase it through webs.com and pay different levels of monthly fees and of course helps put your web site out in searches for web traffic. Here's a link: http://anze-kopitar-collector.webs.com I have a simple home page, a photo album page for my collection divided by card type, and a third page for my player banners I designed and ones I got made for me. My site is simply for collection show off purposes and thus not in-depth or anything. The OP's offering for a custom web site might be better for the player devoted web sites with several pages about the player and collection. Just depends what you need.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Nice service but $10 to register a domain? I think I paid $15 and got 5 years from yahoo and hosting elsewhere.

With the amount of free webhosting sites out there, like freewebs and 000webhost it seems like you'd be able to do a better job at hiding ads. Went to the sites, clicked links and all I saw was a bunch of google ads, or at least that's what I focused on when considering help on building a site. Still a nice service you're offering.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Fandruw25 said:
Nice service but $10 to register a domain? I think I paid $15 and got 5 years from yahoo and hosting elsewhere.

With the amount of free webhosting sites out there, like freewebs and 000webhost it seems like you'd be able to do a better job at hiding ads. Went to the sites, clicked links and all I saw was a bunch of google ads, or at least that's what I focused on when considering help on building a site. Still a nice service you're offering.

For $15 you got five years for a .com? Please link me to this deal.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
AK11 said:
It depends on whether you want a web site for primarily a collection show off or more a player devoted web site. I have a web site put up through webs.com for my hockey player collection. I customized the header graphic using photoshop and same thing with the wallpaper. If you truly need your domain, you can purchase it through webs.com and pay different levels of monthly fees and of course helps put your web site out in searches for web traffic. Here's a link: http://anze-kopitar-collector.webs.com I have a simple home page, a photo album page for my collection divided by card type, and a third page for my player banners I designed and ones I got made for me. My site is simply for collection show off purposes and thus not in-depth or anything. The OP's offering for a custom web site might be better for the player devoted web sites with several pages about the player and collection. Just depends what you need.

webs.com is who I am hosted through. I like having everything all in one place from the domain registration to site building. Their service is great and they keep adding new features as well. I've been well pleased with them.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Fandruw25 said:

Yeah, those Google ads at the bottom of the page are a huge eye sore. Not to mention it would drive me nuts.

Members online

Latest posts