Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Check out Jose Canseco's morbid and depressed tweets lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ethanbryer

Jun 22, 2010
So. Missouri
He Said "To make matters worse the landlords locked me out and I can't get my things out"

? I Dont Really Know His-Post Season Life. But Shouldnt He Be A Millionaire.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
Hopefully this is just an attempt for people to give him attention and feel sorry for him... If not, and he is really thinking some of things things, it does not look good...

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I feel sorry for him. He is a pariah in the sports world. no one will touch him. I think it would be cool to meet him.
We should start a petition to get Gilmore to get him at the FCB booth next year!

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
cgilmo said:
moxacaine said:
i should offer to let him move in with me. :lol:

jose canseco signing at the FCB booth in 2011.

That is a FANTASTIC idea.

Seeing how he will do basically ANYTHING for a few bucks, getting him probably wouldn't be all that hard. You should really try. It would be the hit of the National.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
I don't think you should ever be rewarded for profiteering on snitching. For as much good as the results did for baseball, it would have been MUCH more honorable had it not been in the form of a tell all book and rather through the appropriate venues to actually get the legislation passed.

He had the option of being a hero, or cashing a big fat check and snitching. He selected the latter of the two, and the consequences aren't pretty. He would probably be working with Major League Baseball about steroid awareness or some other respectable, high paying, and cushy job with the backwards bureaucracy the MLB employs had he made the right choice. Now he's reduced to fighting MiLB managers for money like a side show circus freak.

I don't hate Jose Canseco, but these problems are essentially of his own creation. I wish him well and hope he gets the help he needs to get back on his feet, but I couldn't participate in giving him money for making poor choices with the millions he has pissed away. He can make it sound philanthropic if he wants, but nobody gives away so much money that they fail to benefit from it. Just bad choices.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Vagrant said:
I don't think you should ever be rewarded for profiteering on snitching. For as much good as the results did for baseball, it would have been MUCH more honorable had it not been in the form of a tell all book and rather through the appropriate venues to actually get the legislation passed.

He had the option of being a hero, or cashing a big fat check and snitching.
He selected the latter of the two, and the consequences aren't pretty. He would probably be working with Major League Baseball about steroid awareness or some other respectable, high paying, and cushy job with the backwards bureaucracy the MLB employs had he made the right choice. Now he's reduced to fighting MiLB managers for money like a side show circus freak.

I don't hate Jose Canseco, but these problems are essentially of his own creation. I wish him well and hope he gets the help he needs to get back on his feet, but I couldn't participate in giving him money for making poor choices with the millions he has pissed away. He can make it sound philanthropic if he wants, but nobody gives away so much money that they fail to benefit from it. Just bad choices.

How did he have the option of being a hero? IIRC baseball had long given up on him by the time his book came out.

Yet look at the #'s he put up the last season he played:

76 GP, 16 HRs, 49 rbi, .258 average.

You're telling me that teams wouldnt have been able to use that production from a DH?

Of course they would but they had long forgotten about him and I imagine that doesnt feel too great.

Sure the financial problems are his fault. No one told him to live a lavish lifestyle.
But hes also said that the 2 divorces he went through cost him over $8 million. That is ridiculous.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
so does Jose even have a consistent house address I could even send to? how much would be the minimum (IYHO) do you think he would take for the 3? as I dont have much cash either but they would be awesome to get..

Latest posts