Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Michael Ynoa Likely to Have TJ Surgery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Looks as though you investors of his will have to hold onto your cards a while longer.

Michael Ynoa: A's prospect Ynoa to undergo surgery
Michael Ynoa - S - OAK - Aug. 13 - 4:07 pm et
Michael Ynoa, who signed a $4.25 million deal with the A's as a 16-year-old in 2008, is expected to undergo Tommy John surgery on Aug. 24.
It's not official yet, but he's definitely having surgery and it's expected that he'll need the procedure, which would cost him most or all of 2011. Ynoa still has youth on his side, but he has a long way to go to live up to the hype that led to his record bonus. Aug. 13 - 4:07 pm et
Source: Jane Lee on Twitter

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Michael Ynoa TJ Surgery

Bust!!!

# The #Athletics gave Ynoa a record $4.25 million signing bonus in 2008 when he was 16. 25 minutes ago via Twittelator

* Retweet

#

#Athletics won't know the full extent of Ynoa's elbow surgery until Dr. Yocum goes in but asst GM David Forst says TJ surgery anticipated. 26 minutes ago via Twittelator

* Retweet

#

Dr Lewis Yocum will perform Ynoa's expected UCL reconstruction. #Athletics 28 minutes ago via Twittelator

* Retweet

#

Ynoa's surgery expected to be Tommy John. #Athletics 29 minutes ago via Twittelator

* Retweet

#

Ynoa to have surgery Aug 24. #Athletics

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
MarlinsManiac20 said:
why is his name Inoa on his BC card?

I believe he legally changed his name after getting signed by Oakland.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
He has the surgery on a Tuesday. How do I know ? Two days after my birthday :D

Sucks for him though. Hopefully he bounces back like JJ did.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
MarlinsManiac20 said:
Jaypers said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:
why is his name Inoa on his BC card?

I believe he legally changed his name after getting signed by Oakland.
I'm not retarded.....

Actually, it was just a mix-up on spelling in the Oakland organization and his name began to filter its way into the public forum with an "I".

His actual name is Michel Ynoa, but here in the states people tend to anglicize it to "Michael".

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Michael Ynoa or Michel Ynoa or Michel Inoa or Michael Ynoa or any other spelling here.

He has pitched a total of NINE innings since signing two years ago, and this will add a third year he'll miss, ouch. Only half a million per inning pitched, that's a bargain. ;)

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Re: Michael Ynoa TJ Surgery

He'll be a bust once Oakland releases him without ever having pitched in the Majors. But that very well could happen, but I can name over 100 pitches who came back from TJ with more arm strength. This is a set back but not the end of his career by any means.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Joshua.Roundtree said:
Michael Ynoa or Michel Ynoa or Michel Inoa or Michael Ynoa or any other spelling here.

He has pitched a total of NINE innings since signing two years ago, and this will add a third year he'll miss, ouch. Only half a million per inning pitched, that's a bargain. ;)

At 19, the potential outweighs the risk.

Members online

Latest posts