Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is your favorite FULL GU piece?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
(broken bats count... just not jersey cards etc etc, player worn/BP used counts)

I have 3 game used balls... one was used in the 05 Home Run Derby... hit in the first round by Miguel Tejada (I highly doubt it was a home run ball). The other 2 are just from regular games.

Last night I found an Alexandria Beetles BP ball under some bleachers. They apparently didn't care about it since it was 30 feet from their dugout (that has an entrance to the team area... so it would have been less effort to get it than get a new one).

I own 2 GU Stingers bats. Both broken... I have no clue who used them although the one that is in the best shape has a name on it... So maybe I can match the name to someone on the roster.

Not much but I sure enjoy them!

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
DSC01618.jpg

DSC01617.jpg

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I only have one GU item, so by default...it is my favorite. ;)

Dwight Evans GU bat (I'll try to find a pic of it...shows A LOT of use!)

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
This one, by far:

7/29/09 Oakland @ Boston

1_full.jpg

2_name_plate.jpg

4_brand.jpg

LaRoche only played six games with the Red Sox, so this one is relatively rare.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
I have a pair of game used gloves, worn and autographed by Hanley Ramirez in 2006. I bought thm from Hollywood collectibles at the 2008 National in Chicago. I don't have pics, but they show alot of use.

yankees23657

Aug 7, 2008
My favorite is a Pat Venditte 2010 GU spring training Yankees Away jersey (number 90). He made only two appearances with the Yankees in the 2010 spring training, and hopefully he has a few more next year!

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
baseball...
gu auto'd erick aybar bat from his days in cedar rapids, given to me by our very own 200lbhockeyplayer a few years back...thanks again mike!

overall...
my cousin, rob *****, played in the nfl for a few years and upon coming home from his final season, he gave me these...
kelly1.jpg
jim kelly's gu auto'd cleats from his final home game, complete with gum and pieces of rich stadium turf...
kelly3.jpg

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I have a couple of items that I like...

jersey.jpg

loa.jpg

and this..

ud-letter.jpg

glove1.jpg

glove2.jpg

glove-card.jpg

and finally this that I got from Jay Buhners brother.. Griffey 1st basemans glove he was using while he was healing from breaking his wrist.. He was playing 1st so he wouldn't get hurt..

glove1.jpg

glove2.jpg

glove3.jpg

glove4.jpg

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
Considering I've worked with over 30 athletes on brokering game used deals, I've had my fair share of cool game used pieces come and go. The one piece I consider my favorite and will never move though, is the glove CC Sabathia gave me back when he was on the Brewers in 08.

IMG_4292.jpg
IMG_4296.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
donrusscrusademan said:
Im not in the full piece hobby but would like to get into it. whats the first step? (looking for something cheap too)

All 4 of the balls that I have were free (the 3 MLB ones were obtained through a points system that UD did for kids-teens a couple years ago). Both of the bats ran me $10 a pop (they didn't say who used them... they were just trying to turn a buck on them so they didn't have to throw them out). I did see one with the initials "JS" and I forgot to ask if I could buy it... it would have been used by Joe Sever. I will message them on facebook to see if I can have it or if I can buy it.

I would start with MLB.com OR Dave and Adams, they have GU balls there for under $20.

Right now I am off to check the silent auctions at the Stinger's site, I might have enough money to nab a GU jersey.

I guess I do have a used Gatorade Cup. I helped myself to that one (I did a sleepover at the Metrodome and they opened up the dugouts but didn't clean them so I picked one up for me).

I do have a pen that AJ Pettersen gave me, somewhere... I bet I lost it though.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
My Justin Reed Game used minor league bat. I won it on ebay for $9.99 with $5 shipping. I know he will never pan out, but a gameused bat from the player I collect is pretty cool in my book.

bat2.jpg

bat3.jpg

bat4.jpg

~AJ

Oct 16, 2008
MN
Halonut said:
baseball...
gu auto'd erick aybar bat from his days in cedar rapids, given to me by our very own 200lbhockeyplayer a few years back...thanks again mike!

overall...
my cousin, rob *****, played in the nfl for a few years and upon coming home from his final season, he gave me these...
kelly1.jpg
jim kelly's gu auto'd cleats from his final home game, complete with gum and pieces of rich stadium turf...
kelly3.jpg
Wow, that Kelly is sick! Great piece!

Members online

Latest posts