Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

90's is now OLDER stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
remember in the early to mid 90's when you went to a show and wanted to trade? you took some of your cards from pack breaks to trade or sell and 80% of the dealers said "oh thats newer stuff, i am looking for older stuff" well thats how i feel today. 90's cards are now the older stuff. i do miss the days when mall shows were big, there would be 100 dealers with 100's of tables. you could spend the whole weekend at a show and find a card you need. you can not do that on the internet! not on ebay,sportsbuy,checkoutmycards.com sportslots etc. why? because it is way to time consuming for all the dealers to put every single card on the web. at a show the dealers would just load up the super monster boxs and put them out to be looked thru, you could find that hidden gem.make it a family outting at the mall with the wife and kids have lunch and resume hunting. it was a thrill. not on the web! i spend 1 hour now on all the sites and find NOTHING! lets all go retro! ahhh the old days.

bassprokvd

May 10, 2009
TITLETOWN, Wisconsin
100% agree
Those were the good old days. I would get so pumped up for weekend shows, because besides the card shops it was the only place to find new stuff. Plus if you compare cards from today and cards from the 90s, the 90s win hands down. Some of my favorite sets from the 90s were z teams,rookie roll calls,back to back,quads, anything dufex. Sorry if i went off but i miss the 90s too.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
JimmyD said:
The "older" stuff has now become "vintage" and 90's stuff will always be JUNK
you could be correct about the 90's, they did not have 132 different 1/1's in one set for 1 player as they do in the 07 & 08 topps moments and milestones 132 1/1's , 132 #/10, 132 #/25, 132 #/132. 528 different cards of one player and they did not have any autos with stickers! oh and i do love the vintage cards that look like some 400 pounder had in his back pocket for weeks and got washed!
icon_lol.gif

HToutlaws

May 15, 2009
bassprokvd said:
gold teams,sculptors choice,studs,z team,rookie roll calls,die cut holoviews,back to backs,quads,precious metals, etc.
enough said.

96 Select Certified Mirror's,
97-99 Flair Showcase Legacy's,
97 Pacific Dynagon Career's,
97 Playoff Contenders Red, Zone Gold's...

97PlayoffZoneClose-UpsGold13.jpg

97PlayoffZonePrimeTargetGold2.jpg

Find those 97 Playoff Gold /5! Friggin Impossible!

Members online