Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I have $40... what should I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
$40 can get 2 cards authenticated by way of BGS/JSA (doesn't include shipping or any other stuff but that I can handle too)...

Should I do that or should I buy vintage to be signed?

If I have 2 autos authenticated, here is what I have that should be slabbed (not for re-sale, just for keeping the cards safe)

Bobby Clarke x3 (I will probably choose one from here)
tony Larussa
Ed Yost
Chirs DeMaria
Jimmy Key x3
Justin Masterson
Pete Webber
Craig Wolanin
Chris Chelios
Matt Harrison
Thiago Alves
Sean Rodriguez
James Laurinites
JErry Mumphrey
Domingo Santana x3

I have more somewhere around here.

None of my personalized autos can be sent because I don't want them slabbed... so that leaves out people like Herb Simpson and Randy Couture.

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
This is just my opinion but to me it seems like you want to slab a card just because, and to be honest no one from your list is really worth the cost to slab them. With that $40 buy yourself a few nice cards for your personal collection or go the vintage route if your looking for something to have signed.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
JustinG08 said:
This is just my opinion but to me it seems like you want to slab a card just because, and to be honest no one from your list is really worth the cost to slab them. With that $40 buy yourself a few nice cards for your personal collection or go the vintage route if your looking for something to have signed.

Yeah I am looking to go the vintage route and hit the older signers... I need guys like Virgil Trucks and some other '51 Bowmans. I am sure there are some guys older than that, looks like I have to dig!

I have more cards, but IDK where they are and I can't remember the names. Most of them will be slabbed just so they survive the years and make it easier when I move out in a couple years. Not for re-sale value. None of them are really "slab worthy" except for a couple that I am expecting back (Tom Saffell, Josh Hamilton etc etc)

tigsfan

Aug 15, 2008
Michigan
I thought about slabbing some of my IP autos (Verlander would be #1), but nothing you have is really worth $20. I got a bunch of 77s FS if you have some players from that set in mind.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
tigsfan said:
I thought about slabbing some of my IP autos (Verlander would be #1), but nothing you have is really worth $20. I got a bunch of 77s FS if you have some players from that set in mind.

Eh... I am more so working twards the oldest players... if I could get my hands on an un-graded Doerr RC I would be in buisness but those would be hard to find and EXPENSIVE

Members online

Latest posts