Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shue, I have a couple of questions for you.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Hey brother, I know you're a busy guy, but I had some questions for you.

How do you make a banner that can be clicked to go to your bucket? If I were to supply the pics, would you be able to make a banner that would be able to be clicked? I've never used a banner before, but you make some pretty kick ass banners for peoples sigs. I'm not sure if/what I want, I was just wondering if you knew how to do it and/or if you would be able to help me do it.

Also, if I gave you a list of pics from my bucket, would you be able to make a desktop background? I think it would be cool to have a background that would be made up of cards.

I know you do quality work and I know that you are probably able to do all of this, I just wanted to check in with you first and see.

Thanks for any and all info and help.

Joe

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Hey Joe- I can answer your "clickable image" question for John (shuedini). It's done through code tags. For example, my signature code looks like this (without all the spaces):

[ url = http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/dstratford26/ ][ img ]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/dstratford26/zMy%20Collection/Temp/ultsig580.jpg[ / img ][ / url ]

You simply replace the Red text above with the URL you are linking to, such as your photobucket; then replace the Blue text with the link to the image in your photobucket.

shuedini is your banner man!

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
wideright said:
Hey Joe- I can answer your "clickable image" question for John (shuedini). It's done through code tags. For example, my signature code looks like this (without all the spaces):

[ url = http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/dstratford26/ ][ img ]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/dstratford26/zMy%20Collection/Temp/ultsig580.jpg[ / img ][ / url ]

You simply replace the Red text above with the URL you are linking to, such as your photobucket; then replace the Blue text with the link to the image in your photobucket.

shuedini is your banner man!
Thanks for the assist wideright!

As for the banner and the desktop images...I think that's something I could do for you. Let me know kind of what you're looking for.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Thank you wideright. I appreciate that. I was always curious. I'm not the most savy when it comes to these things. :lol:

Shue- I'll get back to you. I am more thinking about doing the desktop background than the banner. I'm not sure yet, I just wanted to make sure that you wouldn't have a problem doing something like that since it's different then doing a banner.

Thanks,
Joe

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
muskiesfan said:
Thank you wideright. I appreciate that. I was always curious. I'm not the most savy when it comes to these things. :lol:

Shue- I'll get back to you. I am more thinking about doing the desktop background than the banner. I'm not sure yet, I just wanted to make sure that you wouldn't have a problem doing something like that since it's different then doing a banner.

Thanks,
Joe
The banners I do are just the very tip of the iceberg. I mess around with paint.net a bunch, so I definitely don't have a problem doing a computer background for you. You can email the pictures to me at: [email protected]. Just let me know what you're looking for and what resolution your monitor is set at, so I can make it the right size for you. If you'd like, I'd even do up a banner for you to use here on the FCB. Again, just let me know what you'd like done.

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
muskiesfan said:
Thanks a lot man. I sent you an e-mail with the info. I hope I sent the right info. :lol:

Joe
Hey Joe - I got your email. I'm working on the background for you right now! I'll email it to you when it's done since it'll be too big to post here.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
shuedini said:
muskiesfan said:
Thanks a lot man. I sent you an e-mail with the info. I hope I sent the right info. :lol:

Joe
Hey Joe - I got your email. I'm working on the background for you right now! I'll email it to you when it's done since it'll be too big to post here.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it.

Joe

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
muskiesfan said:
shuedini said:
muskiesfan said:

Joe

Joe
It's done. I sent it to your email...it was 884k! If you want anything changed, let me know. :D

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
shuedini said:
muskiesfan said:
shuedini said:
muskiesfan said:

Joe

Joe
It's done. I sent it to your email...it was 884k! If you want anything changed, let me know. :D

John

I just wanted to say thank you again. The background is awesome. Even my wife was impressed. She says that it looks amazing. Thanks again.

Joe

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
muskiesfan said:
shuedini said:
muskiesfan said:
shuedini said:
muskiesfan said:

Joe

Joe

John

I just wanted to say thank you again. The background is awesome. Even my wife was impressed. She says that it looks amazing. Thanks again.

Joe
lets see it.

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
thenumberonemetfan said:
muskiesfan said:
shuedini said:
muskiesfan said:
shuedini said:
[quote="muskiesfan":25lgtqe9]Thanks a lot man. I sent you an e-mail with the info. I hope I sent the right info. :lol:

Joe

Joe

John

Joe
lets see it.[/quote:25lgtqe9]

Here it is; condensed since photobucket won't do over 800x600:
muskiesfan.jpg

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
shuedini said:
muskiesfan said:
shuedini said:
muskiesfan said:
shuedini said:
[quote="muskiesfan":24btqn6u]Thanks a lot man. I sent you an e-mail with the info. I hope I sent the right info. :lol:

Joe

Joe

John

Joe

Here it is; condensed since photobucket won't do over 800x600:
muskiesfan.jpg[/quote:24btqn6u]

wow that is beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
thenumberonemetfan said:
shuedini said:
muskiesfan said:
shuedini said:
muskiesfan said:
[quote="shuedini":2sc9oyll][quote="muskiesfan":2sc9oyll]Thanks a lot man. I sent you an e-mail with the info. I hope I sent the right info. :lol:

Joe

Joe

John

Joe

Here it is; condensed since photobucket won't do over 800x600:[/quote:2sc9oyll]

wow that is beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful[/quote:2sc9oyll]

wideright said:
Nice work John! Killer Griffey desktop.

Thanks guys. I had something a little different in mind as far as placement of the cards, but since there were so many different ones I couldn't do what I had initially set out to do. I was going to make them look kind of like album covers do in iTunes. With them turned a bit to the sides and a primary one centered. But overall I'm pleased with the background. Plus Joe and his wife like it! :D

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I apologize brother. I didn't know that you had something in mind. I wasn't trying to flood you with pics, I just wasn't sure how many would be needed to put together a nice background. I guess my eyes were bigger than my monitor. :lol: It did turn out great though. I trust your creative ideas. If you has wanted to do something different, that would've been fine by me too.

Joe

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
muskiesfan said:
I apologize brother. I didn't know that you had something in mind. I wasn't trying to flood you with pics, I just wasn't sure how many would be needed to put together a nice background. I guess my eyes were bigger than my monitor. :lol: It did turn out great though. I trust your creative ideas. If you has wanted to do something different, that would've been fine by me too.

Joe
No worries. Sometimes you have to modify things to get a nice outcome. I like the way it looks...it's not what I had originally had pictured, but nice none the less. :D

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
HumberCollector38 said:
Shue, how do you make a custom shape as your canvas?
If you're referring to my current banner, you have to save your image as either a .png or a .gif with a transparent background. You start out with a standard size image, but you make the background "clear" as opposed to a color. Then on the layers above the background you create your picture, but don't go all the way to the edges.

That's the short answer. I don't really want to do an entire tutorial on them. You can find more about that on the paint.net forum (accessible throught the paint.net help menu.)

Members online

Latest posts