Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Vault contracts up MANTLE, Bo full name

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Topps Vault has some sweet contracts up now.
Nice Mickey Mantle, cool that they didn't cut it off and make cut out of it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1987-Topps-NESTLE-C ... S_Baseball
Some other big names are up
Bo Jackson with full name
http://cgi.ebay.com/1989-Topps-Baseball ... S_Baseball
Paul Oneill for FCB faithful fans of his
http://cgi.ebay.com/1995-Topps-BB-Card- ... S_Baseball
ALso Yogi Berra and Duke Snider, Greg Bull Luzinski and Trammell ect.
Nice to see some well known names up from the Vault.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
studioclint said:
nyc3 said:
studioclint said:
Bo only got $75?
what?

Bo only got paid $75 for a year contract extension. I that seems cheap.

"6. In return for this Extension Agreement, Topps has paid me $75.00 ($75 per year of extension),[receipt of which I hereby acknowledge][which I will apply toward a gift from Topps's catalog]."

Word? I wonder what he got.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
donrusscrusademan said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140427595544

what are the topps 1/1s? I dont get it..
A really crap move by topps just printing blank backs and calling them 1/1 they been doing it for a while now sadly

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Technically aftermarket when done this way.

nyc3 said:
donrusscrusademan said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140427595544

what are the topps 1/1s? I dont get it..
A really crap move by topps just printing blank backs and calling them 1/1 they been doing it for a while now sadly

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I don't follow Bo Jackson stuff. I would think his full name auto like on that contract has to be rare???

I like Topps blank back Vault 1/1 they have for most products. Most go pretty cheap. They have been doing them for years now. The recent stuff comes sealed in cases with COA. The 2008 Ginter one's were really nice in BGS slabs.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Anyone else think Topps is really cheap for selling a Bo Jackson signed contract for more than they actually payed Bo Jackson to make his baseball cards. A lot of these Topps Vault items just make me feel Topps is run by a bunch of d-bags. Hey, lets intentionally not print a backing on every card we make, just to call them 1/1s and sell them directly on Ebay. These contracts are cool, but most of the Topps Vault stuff is crap IMO.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Joshua.Roundtree said:
Anyone else think Topps is really cheap for selling a Bo Jackson signed contract for more than they actually payed Bo Jackson to make his baseball cards. A lot of these Topps Vault items just make me feel Topps is run by a bunch of d-bags. Hey, lets intentionally not print a backing on every card we make, just to call them 1/1s and sell them directly on Ebay. These contracts are cool, but most of the Topps Vault stuff is crap IMO.

No, these were standard contracts for every player. Topps has every year paid massive fees to MLB players association. That each player shares in and money also goes to retired player funds. Most players get nice checks each year for MLBPA liscensing revenue. 5 figures.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I recall on old Beckett board someone posted the fee Topps paid players association, along with UD when they had a liscense. If I remember right it was in 10-15 million a year range.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
The mantle is sweetah! I can only imagine what the licensing costs for his name and likeness commands these days.

Tom

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
They offer a lot of interesting stuff, but it helps to know what you're buying ahead of time. They offer a lot of proofs, negatives, positives, etc but its not always clear how each was used in the creation of their cards. A number of dealers scoop a lot of vault stuff cheap only to *try to* resell at (quite literally) fifty times what they paid.

I also like the contracts, I couldn't help but pick this up a while back:
1981%20Fernando%20Valenzuela%20Contract.jpg

I remember several others here picking up various contracts.

Joshua.Roundtree said:

Latest posts